Chapter Three: Ella

"She is very emotional – she has been crying all day," Marcus told Maria as he sat on the couch. Maria chuckled, "Why?" she asked. Marcus shrugged, "Because Ella wouldn't stop crying and that freaked Charlie out – I have been trying to tell her that it is normal but she just doesn't listen and worries if Ella was in pain or if something is wrong with her," Marcus answered Maria. "Well, I took Ella and rocked her to sleep. Charlie finally slept as well – she needed to rest. She has slept properly since Ella was born," He added. Maria chuckled again and pointed her thumb towards Ezra who was throwing his fist and tiny feet up in the air, "Same happened with Silas when Ezra wouldn't stop crying – he rushed to the ER." Maria replied to Marcus. Marcus laughed, "I remembered," He said. Maria lightly shook her head, "He even threatened the doctor – and Ezra was just hungry," She added. "So, it is okay – just give Charlie a little time to adjust to the new changes. She is just overwhelmed," Maria told him. Marcus smiled and nodded his head.

It has been a week since Marcus and Charlie welcomed their daughter, Ella, into the world. She is adorable but she got a temper, like her mother. Kathie has been excited to have a little sister to play with and is very careful of her baby sister. This new bundle of joy has brought a lot of cheery moments into Marcus and Charlie's life – but the tension between Charlie and Marcus was still there. It might have gotten a little better as they haven't fought about Elna since Ella came but Marcus could tell that Charlie didn't forget about it yet and one of these days he will talk to her about everything – he has to. He wasn't going to let this tension between them grow. On the other hand, Marcus did receive a call from where Elna must have gone for an interview – they were asking questions about her and since Marcus agreed to help her out – he recommended her to them. He is not planning to help her more and once all this ends – he was going to come clean to Charlie and tell her how he helped Elna get a job – he didn't want to lie to the love of his life anymore. It was already painful enough for him to see Charlie upset with her.

Marcus has taken off from work for two weeks – he was only going to work from home that too if it was extremely necessary – he needed some time off to spend it with his family. Now, the baby was here and everything was well with her and Charlie – they can finally start planning on when they should move to their new house. He needed to talk about it to Charlie but she has been so occupied with Ella and Kathie that he hardly finds any time to sit down with her and just talk. He knew from the very beginning that once the baby will arrive they will get lesser time for them to spend with each other but still, he misses being with Charlie – alone. Maria was staying with Charlie for a week but since Marcus has taken off – she returned to her place with her father Franklin. Charlie and Marcus didn't find it fair that she will be there to help out Charlie when she had Ezra and Silas. And then, she is getting married in a month so, that only adds up to her burden.

Marcus checked on Kathie to see that she was taking her afternoon nap in her room. She was exhausted from playing with Bear all day when Maria was here, and now she needed to sleep. Marcus then entered his room to see Ella peacefully sleeping in her crib that was by their bed and on the bed slept, Charlie. He softly closed the door behind him and slowly walked towards Charlie – who had a baby monitor in her hand while she was softly snoring. Marcus softly chuckled. He remembered how loud she was snoring at the end of her pregnancy – he never told her because that would have embarrassed her and she gets embarrassed so easily. He sat by her side and with his fingers he softly pushed the hair off her face and smiled as creases appeared on her forehead, "I love you so much," He said and softly kissed her forehead – making sure that she doesn't wake up. Marcus, then stood on his feet and stepped towards Ella's crib – he looked in to see that Ella was awake but yet she wasn't crying or making any noise – her big round eyes met Marcus's and she immediately stretched her hand out – reaching for her father. Marcus smiled and slowly took Ella in his arms, "Here is my girl," he whispered to his daughter – making sure that his voice doesn't wake Charlie up.