Still Ace

Chapter 12

My week on the Moby Dick was hectic in the least. Sure, they were family but I doubt if another party-crazed family such as this exists in the world. Almost every night they would gather together and get drunk on the stupidest reasons to celebrate. One time, I'm pretty sure the reason was because Marco managed to unclog a toilet on his own or something like that. Who knew the Pineapple could make a good plumber?

During my time there...I felt welcome. The biggest difference would be that feeling everyone had for one another, as nakama and family. We didn't have that in Big Mom crew. We were family because we were connected by blood and not much more. We were crew because we knew Mama would kill us if we left...and becoming a marked enemy of an emperor of the Sea was not something that anyone wanted.

Whitebeard was having the time of his life again. Of course, it wasn't like he suddenly grew his blonde hair again but he looked so much better already. His vital signs brought him back into his prime (since he's super fit) and decided to use that as an excuse to chug down unrealistic amounts of sake.

Me: What's wrong with all the emperors! Is being a glutton or an alcoholic a requirement for becoming a yonko?! Shanks' is always drunk, Kaido's drunk, you're drunk, and Mama's either chugging food or drunk! Seriously Whitebeard! I just healed you a couple days ago, give your liver some rest!

When I said that in front of everyone, the entire crew burst into laughter as they laugh/ scolded Whitebeard in some teasing way that he shouldn't drink so much. The only people on my side were the nurses, who thanked me in private for curing Whitebeard.

Me: It's alright, I guess I do owe him for returning me back home alive and unharmed... relatively.

I was still sore from the fight. Even if I can regenerate fast (and much faster with Marco's help) whenever I tried to stand up, the muscles in my legs complained. When I tried to use observation to find what was going on in the middle of the night, my eyes itched and I started to get a headache.

Me: Lesson one to myself...don't fight all of Whitebeard's commanders at once. Follow up, try not to fight Whitebeard either. Consequences: May result in multiple severe internal injuries including bleeding, a concussion, and a very long time to recover.

Ace: You realized that after 5 days? Took you long enough.

Me: *eep!*

As I didn't have my observation on, I didn't knew he was behind me. Not to mention I was in 'my' room right now, or at least the room they gave me to stay for a couple of days. What was he doing here?

Me: From what I heard from your crew mates, you tried to kill Whitebeard on a daily basis...like more than a hundred times. May I ask how you are not dead yet?

Ace: Pops didn't punch me hard enough so I could try multiple times in the same day. When I fell into the ocean, Thatch usually fished me back out. When I was actually seriously injured, Pineapple would miraculously appear and act like a saint.

Me: I'm amazed you even kept trying. I mean, don't you know the difference between yourself and that man?

Ace: Do you?

Me: Yes. I'm nowhere close to a yonko's level.

Ace: You seemed to fight on pretty even grounds for someone that says you're nowhere close.

Me: The conditions were in my favor, and you guys have honor and love for each other. That's why meat shield proved exceptionally effective. Well, against Whitebeard he couldn't use his ability on the Moby Dick, right?