ACE

Chapter 11

I was sitting out on the deck of the Moby Dick with Ace after the meeting with Whitebeard. Of course, I needed him to carry me up here since I wanted to see the sky (especially after using my Devil Fruit abilities right after waking up) so I was exhausted again.

Ace: Syrup

Me: hmm?

Ace: Thanks for saving Pops. I mean the scene was kind of gruesome but Marco told me that you cured him.

Me: I didn't do much. Once he let me do operation, it was just a matter of filleting out all the cancer cells and some other stuff in his body that caused him the pain. I mean, it wouldn't have killed him anyway but having Marco there heal every cut made it much easier. So you should thank him too.

Ace: That Pineapple is too overrated on our ship. I've already thanked him enough as our ship doctor. Besides, he's going to make fun of me for saying a thank you in the first place because that's the kind of bird he is.

Me: Sounds like an annoying older brother to me.

Ace: You have one?

Me: Too many. Brother Crackers' always showing off his hard biscuits. Brother Snack is always Sweet Commander this and Sweet Commander that. I swear, someday he's going to lose that position and he's going to be sulking for years with how grumpy he normally is.

Ace: Huh, well, Thatch is kind of the pervert in our crew.

Me: I don't think we have a pervert...would be pretty bad since that'd be incest but I have a brother who takes masturbation to a whole new level.

*spurt!*

Me: Oops, sorry

Ace spilled his drink as I mentioned the M word...but is that really something I shouldn't be saying? I was already twelve and sis Smoothie already told me everything about it. Not to mention my previous life.

Ace: *cough* *cough*

Me: Brother Daifuku's Devil Fruit ability makes him rub himself. Kind of a running joke in the family. Just rubbing himself and making a serious face when his opponents are about to fight him, seriously, it's ridiculous.

Ace: Oh thank god...I thought you actually had an incest crazed brother. I didn't want to hear but your description made me imagine it...can you get me some bleach please?

Me: Does bleach put out fire? You should try some salt and sand smoothie. I can get sis to make some for you one day. Those usually kill fire pretty quickly.

I was talking like this but honestly, I felt my heart beating a little faster than normal. Just a tiny bit. Inwardly, I was scolding myself for feeling this way. Sure, he was smoking hot and I do admit I may have fan girl-ed on Ace a tad bit excessively but it was never to the extent of what I was feeling now.

(AN Edit 2021 June: Holy fuck what is going on in the comments for the paragraph above this? It's a crush not 'Let's fuck'. There will be time skips and devil fruit fuckery later on anyways and this story isn't really 'romance' based. I appreciate the FBI memes but please chill. I know everybody had their idol crushes in middle school...and it's just that phase right now for Syrup)

Was it a Stockholm syndrome? Why did I feel this way next to him? Perhaps I came to trust him more than I should have, or perhaps it was the Knight-in-shining-armor effect because of his actions right when I was about to lose consciousness?

Ace: You okay?

Me: Ye—yeah.

I hugged my knees closer to myself as I looked out into the open sea. For once, the Grand line was quiet and free of the crazy weather...perhaps giving me a moment of peace with Ace.