Childhood

Chapter 3

2 years old

If anything, Big Mom spared no expenses in the early childhood department...which was a good thing. The Whole Cake Chateau was filled with everything a pre-school and baby center would need.

I, of course, was nearly always stuck with my twin sister Pudding who had come to develop a sort of dependence on me. Even this early, there were nurses and people who looked at her third eye in disgust; even as a baby, she felt that and she turned to her only sense of safety...me. Of course, the other siblings were pretty nice as well (not brother Perospero though) but I was the one that was always there for her.

The first child of Big Mom, Peros, was greatly devoted to his mother while the strongest of the Charlotte children Katakuri was overly loyal. Just like how these two were known for their qualities, it was undeniable that Syrup, one of the youngest daughters of Big Mom, was the one with the most trusted among the siblings and Mother.

As much as anyone could tell, Syrup did not tell lies. While many thought it was from her virtue, Katakuri knew that it was just because his little sister didn't give a flying fuck about what anyone thought. Whatever they asked of her, she told them what she thought straight to the face...of course this had exceptions as well.

She didn't lie in front of Mama, but she simply chose not to speak at all. She only agreed, no matter what mama demanded of her. Her only words were...

Syrup: Yes Mama

But what made her trusted by both mama and the other children was not her virtue of truth but rather her overwhelming strength. Everyone knew that she was going to be powerful as shown by her potential and her progress speed, yet it was different seeing it first hand.

While her twin sister, Pudding, was still playing with toys, Syrup was went out to collect the payments and tribute from all over the New World. She was sent to deal with those who did not comply with Big Mom's demands or failed to meet their quota. Due to her unanimous agreement no matter what Mama said, she was always to first to run into situations even the older siblings would sometimes hesitate at.

After invading the lands of other Emperors' (namely Shanks'), she would come back heavily wounded and close to death...as a little girl who haven't even had her 10th birthday yet. Despite this, she would always go report to mama first before doing anything else.

Because of her devotion which seemed to match Peros', because of her unwavering loyalty which mired Katakuri's; Syrup was the one and only daughter Big Mom truly trusted. Her one tool which would never fail her.

While this was what everyone thought of her...not many really knew that Syrup just didn't care. She went on these missions to grow stronger...so that one day she could escape the shadow of Big Mom and enjoy a life of her own.

POV Syrup

People around me said that I don't really have a life. Of course that wasn't from big brother or Brûlée but rather from my other siblings who were deathly jealous of me. Even brother Snack who began to fear that I would one day take his position as a Sweet Commander.

The truth was, I already knew I would. It was the only natural way up the ladder in Big Mom's army. Snack was undoubtedly the weakest one of the Sweet Commanders and would soon be defeated by a certain passing Supernova.

Actually, I felt pretty confident in my ability to defeat Snack and I am currently 10 years old with no Devil Fruit powers. That was how much I looked down upon a Sweet Commander and he knew it.

Perhaps it was because of that attitude of mine that I didn't have much friends inside the family. Really, the only people I associated myself with was my big bro and teacher Katakuri. Big sister Brûlée, my twin sister Pudding and Lola and Chiffon. Lola was a special case. I just happened to fall in love with her (as a sister) because of how she was. She was always so bright and optimistic. Always so positive and cheering me up whenever I started to feel just a slight bit guilty about killing some people.