A Change

Chapter 10

When I came to, I found that I was in the medical wing with Sea Stone shackles on. There was a nurse looking after me along with Marco and Ace who were also in the room. Whether they were here to make sure I don't cause trouble or because Marco had his healing flames were unknown.

Me: Did my ship make it safely?

Marco: Jeez. Girl, you know we didn't have any plans on chasing in the first place, yoi. So yes your ship safely escaped our territory. Flying that flag, I would expect that they made it safely.

Me: Thank god... by the way. Whitebeard went easy on me, didn't he?

Marco: I'm not sure. If you fought him on an island, I'm sure you would have been obliterated immediately but on our own ship...you gave him one heck of a fight where he couldn't use his abilities as much as he wanted to.

Me: Hehe...I fought a Yonko. I bet brother's going to go ballistic if I tell him what happened...

Marco: You almost died you know? If Ace hadn't stepped in, one of us might've actually killed you.

Me: It had to be, didn't it though? I'm a member of the Big Mom Pirates sailing through your territory. Taken something that technically should belong to you...though I did steal it from the Celestial Dragons who were in the process of being robbed by Doflamingo.

Marco: That's a very complicated story you know?

Me: That just shows that you should keep a better eye out for your lands. You had a member of a Warlord Crew and an enemy Yonko ship in your lands. Mama would never let that happen...though I guess that's because she's more land greedy than your captain is.

I turned around and saw Ace who was awkwardly leaning against the wall in the corner of the room.

Me: I guess I haven't had the chance to say thank you, much less even tell you my name if I think about it. But first of all, thanks for not killing me.

Ace: umm...yeah, sure. It's no problem.

Marco: Why's your face turning red fire brain?

Ace: Shut it Pineapple.

Me: I'd like to hear more nicknames and insults but could you tell me how long I was out for?

Pineapple turned back to me in all seriousness and told me.

Marco: You heal exceptionally fast, you know that? 3 days is not exactly enough for most people to heal from all broken limbs, a fractured spine, and busted lungs. I mean, how is that even possible?

Me: *cough* *cough* Man, your captain really did try and kill me with that shot, didn't he? And here I thought a Tekkai might be able to allow me to take a single hit.

I would be lying if I said I didn't feel like shit. I had an IV stuck in my arm since I wouldn't have had a way to hydrate for the last few days. I had bandages all over my body. I had new clothes on; it looked like a patient's gown but at least it was something. I was seriously debating whether I should seek out Blackbeard and kill him now.

Marco: Well, for a moment you really looked as if you were going to kill Teach. We spar all the time so getting injured isn't much of a problem but killing our Nakama isn't something pops will allow. I know you didn't mean to but Pops was kind of panicky when he felt your bloodlust for a bit and didn't pull his punch.

Me: To tell you the truth, I really did consider killing him there. How could he do that to me... *sulk*

Marco: Come on! You slammed a haki covered Sea Stone cuff onto Jozu's head giving him a concussion. Others were knocked out for over a day because of how hard you slammed them down into the floor. Losing your clothing a bit isn't that bad.