4. Into The Depths Of Hell

Halloween has always been my favorite holiday, but I think that if I decide to take my depression and stress about my mother being dead, I don't think leaving the house for a Halloween event isn't really worth my time.

I've always gone to Spooky World almost every year and I've gotten over how scared I use to be of it but it's also the same thing every year, which is why I stopped going. But my dad and Jannette decided to drag me down here, even persuading me to bring my friends. Sadly, only Sammy was able to go with us since the girls were busy but I didn't mind though, Sammy and I were the closest in the group.

My dad and Jannette drove separate cars so we could all fit but to save our ears from the trauma of loud music, we drove with Jannette.

My original plan for this hour and half long car ride was to finish my homework, but she allowed me to play rock music and Sammy and I started doing our own karaoke car session, starting off with Riot by Three Days Grace.

For the first time in awhile, I pulled my phone out and went onto my Snapchat and started recording us having our karaoke sessions. We were being loud and dramatic with it but we didn't care about how ghetto we looked, we were having fun.

After ending it with System of a Down's Chop Suey, we arrived in Litchfield, New Hampshire (With most of my homework completed). We regrouped together and went to buy our tickets then walked inside the entrance.

"Take a picture before entering the depths of hell!" An employee said cheerfully as we walked in.

What a greeting.

After entering, my siblings stayed with my parents while Sammy and I went our own route. This was his first time here in Spooky World, and although he's usually fine with things in the horror genre, he was nervous being here.

The most traveling Sammy did was travel to Haiti or Florida to see family, but not for Halloween events.

We went up to one of the booths first before going on any rides because I wanted to see how rusty my shooting was.

"Alright, you have to try to shoot the 'zombies' before they get too close to you." The vendor said before stating the game.

The zombies were people in complete lime green neon latex suits (think of the latex man from American Horror Story but with the face of Slender man). And they're only green because the lights that they use for it is a bright green light to try to catch us off guard.

I did pretty good, until I ended up shooting one of the guys in the nuts on accident and he fell over in pain.

"Sorry!" I yelled out before I continued playing the game.

I won a zombie alpaca at the end, but I feel bad for shooting the guy in the nuts, but I think that's why the guy gave me the big prize. I wonder what was going on behind the scenes.

Sammy was only laughing his ass off, showing me the video he recorded.

"That's not funny," I laughed as we got in line (which I still felt bad for doing) and I put the zombie alpaca in my bag.

"It was when you apologized was what got me," he continued laughing and put his phone away.

His laughing died down and when we had a few seconds of silence, he broke it. "So AJ," I turned my head in his direction, "have you talked to Anthony in awhile?"

I shook my head. "No. If anything, I've been avoiding him. I don't want to risk him knowing about anything to do with my mom."

The amount of times I was close to telling him everything were way too many times. I don't know how or why he had such an effect on me for it but I'm glad I would always catch it in time. It just came to a point that I avoided him at school at all times. I started showing up earlier to school and went to study the different entrances and routes to go through in school so I can always have back up routes incase I see him. Plus, it also helped me memorize more of the school.