11. Damage Control

Home alone on a Thursday. Weird, I know.
Usually a day for yourself is on a weekend, but this was the only day of the week when I'm home alone and can do whatever I want. And by whatever I want, I mean binge watch anime, read, and take 7+ hour naps for the whole day.

Today though, it was different. When everyone left (for work and school), I decided to tidy up. I organized my side of the room I shared with my sister, cleaning up some trash and leftover dishes. Even organizing my laundry and fixing my bed (which is technically a futon but hey, it's my favorite).

I played music on the speakers as I cleaned the house and started brooming and moping the floor. My poor neighbors must be tired of hearing my music, but at least it wasn't metal this time, so hopefully a few Kpop songs won't annoy them too much.

Then the song changed to Selena's Dreaming Of You and it made my mood a little sour. I heard the doorbell ring and I sighed, walking over and opening the door, seeing Lorenzo. "No." I said before closing the door in his face, only for him to repeatedly ring the doorbell, and he was persistent. I quickly opened the door after pausing the music. "What?"

"We need to talk." He said before coming inside.

"Yes, please come inside uninvited knowing my parents aren't home." I closed the door.

He stood by the entrance of the living room, taking in how it smelled like Lysol, Pine Sol, and Fabuloso covering his nose.

"Do you want anything to drink?" I offered, walking to the kitchen but stopping right when I got to the fridge after I realized how dumb I was for asking that question. He's a fucking vampire. They only consume blood. Right?

"I'm a vampire dumbass."

"I was just trying to be civil, but if you wanna be a cinnamon toast cunt, you can get out." I grabbed the mop out of the bucket and continued mopping. "Why are you here anyways?"

He pulled out a small box from his pocket and handed it to me. "Anthony told me to bring this to you."

"Out of anyone, he choose you?" I looked at him, I moved some of my bangs from my eyes.

"It was originally going to be Chris, but he had to go out of town for a few weeks last minute." He quickly looked down, seeing both cats rubbing their faces on his leg. "What the hell?"

"They do that with everyone." I took the box from his hand and opened it, seeing a rose necklace and a brand new chapstick tube. "What's this?" I held up the necklace.

Lorenzo looked at me as if I asked the dumbest question, and I mean, I did, but why am I getting this necklace? "Anthony said, and I quote, 'A rose for my Rose,'" he cringed while saying.

"Is that really all you came here for?" I put the necklace back in the box but took the chapstick out and opened it, inspecting it to make sure it's not used before shoving it into my pocket and continued mopping.

"I also have to take you to church."

I stopped mopping and looked up at him. "Church?"

"Yeah. So get ready."

"First of all, I'm not going to church. I stopped going in high school because I stopped believing in it. Second, you're in my house, don't be bossing me around."