26. Dreaming Of You

After almost dying, Anthony's had non stop nightmares

After almost dying, Anthony's had non stop nightmares. A majority of the time, his nightmares and anxiety aren't as bad if I'm sleeping next to him, but he still jolts up in a panic, which I end up having to comfort him back to sleep.

To see Anthony like this broke my heart because all I could do was hold him and kiss his head. I tried my best to comfort him as much as possible and keep him company but there's only so much I can do. We both have jobs and school so we can't always be in arms reach each other.

I was getting exhausted from it all. Joel and Joshua did their best to try to help me with my powers but due to my stress, I ended up getting frustrated and started throwing shit physically. I had to get restrained by Joshua and eventually forced to take a seat and take a sip of water. I guess I overwhelmed him too much after that because he went upstairs and never came back down.

"AJ, you can't start lashing out because you're frustrated." Joel lectured me.

All I did was look up at him from my seat, trying my best to avoid making my intrusive thoughts of spitting the water in his face a reality.

He sighed and grabbed a stool, sitting next to me. "Tell me what's been going on."

"Ever since New Years, Anthony has been suffering from nightmares and such and I literally can't do much to help. He's shaking, crying, holding onto me like a child and it's driving me insane because it was my fault."

"AJ, it's not your fault-"

"Yes it is!" I threw the cup of water against the wall, causing it to crack and spill all over the basement floor. I stood up and started pacing. "If only I persuaded him to stay home that night, he could've been fine! If only I continued avoiding him at school, he would've never gotten to know me." I started gasping as I was talking, feeling my face get warm and wet. "If only I decided on going to RCC instead of Bunkerhill, he wouldn't have to deal with my messy life."

"AJ, it's not your fault!" Joel yelled, still seated. "If anything, it's the Revelation's fault! They're obsessed with themselves that they want to be dominant in every and anything."

"And it's because of me that they're doing any and everything to get to me!"

We heard the basement door open, Joshua's voice stopping our arguing. "AJ, Angela is here. Do you want a few more minutes of training?"

I want a few minutes of sleep to escape this shit.

"I'll see you later." I stomped up the stairs, grabbing my book bag and hoodie before walking out the door. I huffed as I got inside the passenger seat of Angela's car, rubbing my forehead.

"I was gonna say hi but the way you chucked your bag in here first on the floor said it all for me." She said before she drove off. "You're still thinking about New Years?"

"It's more like how it's affected Anthony. I haven't been feeling all that great because of it." I couldn't help but look at Angela. I've never seen her dressed so laid back before. She looked tired and stressed in her hoodie and sweats.