Chapter 38

At this time of the year, the rose bushes within the school had already frozen and were all practically bare of leaves. The whole city was covered in a milky white veil of fog.

In the evening, Lisa took Soobin out to dinner at a Western restaurant with American beef burgers. She was concerned about his homework and his current moods. Compared to when he was having dinner at home Yoongi, Lisa allowed Soobin to eat as he pleased.

“A lot of students in my class came to ask me today if you’re married to my uncle."

“Yes, some children came to ask me too.” There was some worry in Lisa’s heart, and she asked him directly, “Were the students unhappy with you?”

The child took a bite of his beef burger and then sipped his iced tea. He said calmly, “How is that possible? I'm so smart, who can be unhappy with me?”

Lisa’s mouth twitched. Yes, even if someone disliked Soobin, the one she should worry about was not Soobin himself but the other party.

Soobin blinked and asked, “After this, will you be officially open about your relationship? When are you going to have a wedding?”

“You villain, who cares so much about me? I want to ask you, how are things with your dad?”

She put ketchup on his plate of fries, and the little boy calmly said, “He’d been at home lately. My mother is still angry with him...But, I know these are just tricks and she still likes my dad.”

Lisa couldn’t help but silently criticize the man. Although she had firsthand knowledge of how charming the Jeon men could be, she didn't think she would be able to see Jungkook the same way if he began to flirt with other women.

After Lisa sent Soobin home safely, she returned home to practice the content of the open class by herself. When she grew tired, she laid in bed and twisted and turned. The big bed was soft and warm but every time she laid down, she felt as if she just couldn't get comfortable.

Jungkook's phone call came at this time. As soon as she was connected, she heard the man's deep voice came through, the timbre sounding particularly nice and pleasant to her ears.

“Do you remember when I said that I will be going abroad to a film festival this week and needed to prepare some things?”

Noticing that she hadn’t responded, he hesitated briefly before asking, “Do you want to come along?”

Lisa mildly entertained the idea of accepting the invitation. Her heart was filled with a mixture of joy and an ambiguous soreness, and even her ears became slightly itchy. Although she wanted to accept, she knew that she couldn’t let go of her work so casually. Besides, he really caught her by surprise.

“I have classes, and it won’t be convenient to take time off on such short notice.”

Moreover, she felt that her status as Director Jeon's wife had to be used step by step. At present, it was already big enough just to let the people around her know.

Jungkook really wanted her to appear bright and beautiful in front of the media and knew that she will be flooded by the bright flash of the reporter’s cameras.

But then, such publicity will result in her freedom being greatly curtailed in the future.

Jungkook didn’t want to force her. Maybe, if it had been in the past, perhaps he might have been more demanding and ask her to stay with him. But, his mood had also been disturbed recently. Judging by the feedback received from various parties, it was completely unknown whether Homecoming will even win. For the first time, he felt uneasy and didn’t want to affect her mood.