Chapter 27

Lisa held Lia’s hand and coaxed her for a while before letting her go home to rest. The little girl was still very strong and had stopped crying after a while. After Taehyung and her parents talked briefly about the situation, they set a schedule to visit the school on Monday to discuss the compensation.

The school's teaching director also came to the hospital to visit the injured the student and her parents.

Taehyung walked through the hospital door with Lisa. As he was about to leave, he suddenly hesitated and turned back to face Lisa with warmth in his eyes. “Since you came to the school, you have helped me a lot.”

He was a male teacher whose experience was insufficient. When they met each other, they also discuss their own personal views on matters regarding the students.

His face slightly turned red and he said, “Don’t feel too burdensome. Earlier, you didn’t look too well.”

Lisa smiled slightly. After a few days of this, she felt really tired. With a powerless expression, she said softly, “Monday, we still must confront that woman.”

Taehyung looked at her smile and then returned with his own gentle smile. He glanced behind her and saw Jungkook standing next to the flower bed, a phone pressed to his ear.

The man wasn’t wearing formal clothes, but he could still see that he was dignified. His clothes were meticulously ironed and the movements of his hands and feet were elegant and precise.

Taehyung turned his face away and said, “How are you going back?”

Lisa slowly shifted her gaze to her husband and said, “I’ll go with Jungkook.”

Taehyung still wanted to say something more, but Jungkook had already finished his conversation and strode over to them with long legs. He smiled casually at Lisa. “Let’s go.”

He didn’t have to return back to the company so they directly drove home. Jungkook glanced at the rear view mirror and saw Taehyung standing by the side of the road.

He pursed his lips and said, “You seem to have a good relationship with your colleague.”

Lisa didn’t take it seriously. “Oh yes. Teacher Kim takes good care of me.”

Jungkook silently looked at her for a while, his face pale. Then, he released a slow smile. “Hehe.”

“.....” Lisa was surprised. She was in the middle of drinking mineral water and almost sprayed it out.

Who can tell her, just what did Director Jeon’s ‘hehe’ mean?!

Darkness fell, and the night grew heavier.

That evening, Jungkook invited the chef to come over to make a few home cooked dishes, such as prawns, boiled fish, braised beef, and stir-fried broccoli. They all tasted very good.

After dinner, Lisa moved to the study and indulged in playing online games with friends for a long time.

Jungkook was in the studio, meeting with shareholders who were traveling abroad. Surprisingly, it didn’t take long before he opened the door.

Homecoming had completed the post-production process and was passed to a foreign film festival’s review committee. He already had several new scripts in hand, but he was not satisfied with any of them. Or, rather, it should be said that his inspirations had dried up, and he wanted to rest for the time being.

He sat down on the single sofa in the study with a teacup in hand. The tea in the cup was filled to overflowing, and the white mist rose up.

Lisa had slowly learned Jungkook’s preferences. For example, at this time, compared to mellow wine, he preferred light tea.