Chapter 6: Into the Night

Start from the beginning

"Well isn't that great?" Lucia tried to make the best out of that situation.

"I mean...I'm not too sure." They we're both walking down the hallway when they saw Ryan who was facing away from them talking to someone. Lyrica wanted to run up and scare him like she always did, but she noticed who he was talking to. She can see the golden curls just behind Ryan and she knew right away it was Aubrey.

"What's up?" Lucia noticed the change in mood of Lyrica and she looked where she was looking to and saw Ryan. She then smirked and nudged Lyrica with her elbow.

"What?" Lyrica looked at her.

"You jealous?" She said in a teasing tone.

"What!" Lyrica said surprised, "No! Why would I be jealous?"

"I don't know, I mean you've known Ryan for such a long time and you do know that every girl in the school likes him. You never developed feelings for him during the time you've known him?"

"I mean..." Lyrica thought about it for a second.

Ryan is one of my closest friends, someone who understands me every time I'm troubled with something. I don't think I like him or anything...

"Ryan is just a really close friend of mine." Lyrica answered, "I've never really thought of him that way..."

"I see I see." Lucia nodded her head.

Oof that sucks for Ryan then.

"Hey look out there!" Someone shouted out.

A bunch of people brushes passed Lyrica and Lucia. They looked over to where the voice was coming from, it was the school exit. They began to walk towards the exit door to see all the commotion.

They brushed passed Ryan and Aubrey who were both having a conversation while the commotion was going on.

"Aubrey look, you've got to stop this." Ryan said in a stern voice.

"Stop what?" Aubrey she wasn't paying attention to him and instead was looking at her phone.

Ryan placed his hand on her phone to push it down from her sight, "Aubrey I've told you so many times, you and Lyrica are both special to me. I get that you both are mad at each other, but don't you think it's enough? Do you really have to keep messing with her? What happened in the past was the past. Plus Aubrey, from what you explained to me what happened back then shouldn't have even happened in the first place. It was literally out of your hands."

"Both special? What a load of crap Ryan. I know you care for her than you do for me!" She snapped, "Ever since that incident she never looked at me the same...Along with you too. You never saw me the same, you just pity me at this point. Just admit how you feel about her already! Everyone in this god damn school knows about it already so why hide it?"

"I...I can't." He shook his head, "Especially right now it isn't the right timing."

"Well it's going to be a little too late isn't it? Until that Prince sweeps her off her own little feet." She pointed outside to where the commotion was coming from and they both walked to that direction, "I was the one who called them."

"You!" Ryan said furiously, "You called the paparazzi here? Why the hell would you do that Aubrey!"

"Well in this story I'm the villain now aren't I?"

"That's not what I meant." He sighed, "These sort of actions need to stop. Now Aubrey, I'm being serious." He walked passed her while shaking his head.

"Hey!" She yelled out and furrowed her eyebrows.

He's still taking your side...Just like always Lyrica, just like always...