eight.

Jaehyun POV

I woke up from the sound of the alarm ringing, today's schedule is simple, going to Mr Kim's house. The elders are the most influential people in this country, my father even had to persuade Mr Kim just to meet them. 

I decided to arrive 30 minutes early than the planned time but I guess coming too early itself is impolite. I'm not sure why I am invited but I'll just cooperate with what's going to happen next. 

The next thing I realise, I've arrived at Mr Kim's house or 'mansion'. There, Mr Kim personally greeted me, "You came just in time." Mr Kim said as he smiled. 

We walked a little until we reached the garden where I can see the elders are having tea. When they saw me and Mr Kim walked in, they just smiled and I bowed politely. 

"Is this Jung Jaehyun?" One of them asked, "Yes, I am Jung Jaehyun." I answered.

"Nice to meet you, I am Kim Jim. You're really good looking just like what they say." 

"I know he's good looking but I didn't expect him to be this good looking." The other elder said as they all laughed happily. 

"Jaehyun, please sit down." Mr Kim smiled, "Since you are a busy man, we'll just keep things quick." He added.

"Let's get to the point, we've all discussed that it's best for Kim Dakyung to be engaged to you. Everyone including the Jeon family obviously had already expected that Dakyung will be engaged to their son. It's true that they're more respected and all but their family are the most known for having the so-called 'tragic' death which we obviously know it's a plotted murder for the hierarchy of power and money ." The elder, Jim explained.

"Even though making Dakyung engaged to the Jeon will benefit us, we can't just risk her to get married to a vicious animal, we don't want to harm her for benefits."  Mr Kim added. "So, will you accept this engagement?" Mr Kim looked at me with worried eyes that seemed to be genuine. 

"I will." The only reason I accept this marriage is for business and I don't want to be married to an untrusted family, like the Parks. 

With my answer being confirmed, we talked for a while and switched numbers. Before I left, Mr Kim pulled me to walk around with him as we talk,

"Jaehyun, I know you accept this for benefits as well, but I just want you to please take good care of her. As much as everyone sees her as the forgotten daughter, but deep inside, she's my favourite daughter. I never show how I feel because if I did, people will see Dakyung as my weak spot and use her." Mr Kim looks sad at the same time he felt relieved that the man Dakyung would be marrying is Jaehyun instead. 

Even though Dakyung felt sceptical hearing that she'd be engaged to Jung Jaehyun, she had no choice but to accept it. 

X

"Dakyung?" Jennie, her sister knocked at her apartment door hoping she'd open the door for her. "Dakyung?" Jennie called again.

"Dakyung, are in there?" Jennie called for her sister but there was no sign of her answering or opening the door for her, Jennie's worries turned to fear as she had no choice to use the spare card to open into Dakyung's apartment. 

"Dakyung, where are you?!" Jennie shouted for her but no answer...

Jennie in fear and had no idea what to do called her brother,

"Doyoung?!" 

"WHAT?!" Doyoung answered with annoyance.

"Dakyung, she's nowhere to be seen. I'm in her apartment and she's not here, what do I do?"

"I mean, did you contact her before you enter?"  

"Uhh.. not exactly but she's been leaving me on read and she can't be tracked."

"Just- , ask dad to track her, you know I'm busy right?" Doyoung was stressed out yet again.

"Isn't he busy with the upcoming new project?" 

"Jaehyun, ask Jaehyun to find her."

"Brother we can't just ask him like that, they're not even near how would he help?"  Jennie said with her voice sounding disappointed but not surprised.

"Not my problem," Doyoung smirked as he slightly laughed.

"You know what, you are the worst brother. Even though you are excited about the upcoming project with Jung Jaehyun joining doesn't mean you can disrespect Dakyung, she's still one family with us." With that Jennie hanged up and went out to find for her sister.