Get Yer Self Some Rear View Mirrors

Once they were outside of Docs Shop Mater got in his truck and fired it up. 

Light started walking for the Cozy Cabin.

Mater, driving backward, followed McQueen down the street, going well under 10 mph to keep up with McQueen.

"Tomorrow night we can go look for the ghost light!"

"I can't wait, Mater." He wasn't feeling much in the mood for talking.

"Oh yeah! I'm tellin' ya, it's this crazy light you only see once in yer life and it just creeps a body out!"

"Yeah." Light responded absentmindedly.

Mater slammed on the breaks, "Almost forgot, we better get ya back to the police station."

Lightning looked at Mater - hadn't the cowboy been there when Sally said he could stay at the Cozy Cabin?? - "You know...actually, Sally's gonna let me stay at the motel."

Mater gave Light a saucy look, "Aw...gettin' Cozy at the Cabin, is we?"

McQueen put his hands up, "Oh, co-No, no. Are you kidding? Besides, she can't stand me." Lightning scoffed and shook his head looking at the asphalt, "And I don't like her, to be honest." But he wasn't being honest. Mater resumed driving and Lightning kept walking.

"Yeah, you probably right - HEY! Look! There's Miss Sally now!"

Lightning looked up, "What - where?!" She was nowhere to be seen.

Mater laughed and pounded his hand against the steering wheel, "You're in love with Miss Sally!"

Light shook his head, "No, I'm not."

"Yes ya are."

"No way."

"Way."

Lightning groaned, "Come on, look..."

Mater wasn't relenting, "You in love with Miss Sally! Ooh! You in love with Miss Sally!"

Lightning looked around the street praying no one was out for the nightly stroll to hear Mater's shouting.

"Okay, that's real mature Mater, yeah, real grown up."

Mater just yee-hawed into the air, "You love her, you love her, you love her, you love her!"

Light groaned even louder, "Wait...Alright, okay, Mater...Mater!" Mater stopped talking but Light kept shouting, "Mater! Will you stop that!?"

Mater frowned, "Stop what?"

"That driving backward stuff, it's creeping me out. You're gonna wreck on something."

Mater pushed on the brakes, "Wreck?! Shoot, I'm the world's best backward driver! You just watch this right here lover boy!" Mater pressed down on the gas and took off down the street... backward.

"What are you doing?!" Lightning shouted after Mater, "Watch out!"

Mater drove to the left into Flo's gas station.

"Mater!!" Lightning took off down the street but stopped mid-step as he watched Mater do circles and figure eights around the gas pumps, backward. He drove back onto the street then flew past McQueen, "WHOO HOO!" He shouted as he passed.

"Hey! Take it easy Mater!"

The tow truck driver went all the way up the street to the fire station, there was a fifty-foot stack of tires there, in front of the fire station, that Mater did donuts around.

"He's nuts..." Lightning chuckled to himself.

Mater finished his twenty-something donut then drove back onto the street, still backward, and came to a screeching halt next to Lightning.