Aftermath

McQueen tightened his gloves and pushed through the crowds.

He had one thing on his mind and it wasn't answering reporter's questions, it wasn't taking the stand for a medal or trophy, and it wasn't even talking to his friends who were now approaching him.

No.

It was Chick Hicks.

He pushed up to the green-clad man who was talking to a group of reporters.

"Hey! Hicks!" Lightning called.

Reporters and fans stood back, seeing the look on Lightning's face.

Chick Hicks turned around and barely had a second before Lightning was swinging at him. 

He punched Hicks right across the mouth and the man went down in a heap.

"What the-" Hicks shouted.

Lightning stood back, restraining himself from hitting the man again.

Hicks stood, blood trailing from his nose and mouth, "You-You can't do that! Hey, did you see that?! Assault!" He shouted at the reporters.

Lightning didn't give the man the satisfaction of listening. He turned and walked away, shaking his hand out from the pain of punching someone.

The reporters around Hicks blew out their cheeks and avoided eye contact with him, pretending to not have seen the hit.

"He deserved that 'un." Mater said, shaking his head and following after his best friend.

***

"Ladies and Gentleman the outcome of the 3-way battle for the Piston Cup is about to be announced."

"You're going to want to tune into this people, not only was this a groundbreaking race but the amount of trickshoting and shenanigans was enough to rattle anyone, right Bob?"

"That's right Darrell, oh, and here we go..."

Tex and Lynda Weathers had stepped up to the stage and the music and cheering of the crowd died down.

Reporters swiveled their cameras towards the duo.

"We'd like to thank you all for coming out."

Cheering.

"First off, I'd like to give a big thank you to the emergency crew who helped keep our racers safe out there." She got choked up, "Goodness knows racing is a tough sport. These men defy death when they step out onto the track."

Lynda stepped back and Tex took the microphone, "Strip Weathers is currently being treated for a concussion and multiple minor fractures at the hospital. Noting his absence, we would like to welcome the other two contestants from today's race - Lightning McQueen and Chick Hicks."

The crowd cheered and McQueen and Chick walked up on the stage, Chick Hicks waved out to the crowds, smiling broadly and hooting and hollering. He had a bruise forming where McQueen had hit him.

McQueen just waved. Truth be told he didn't want to stand around and watch Hicks get congratulated on winning the race by almost killing another racer.

Tex walked up and shook hands with Lightning McQueen, Hicks stuck his hand out for a shake but Tex just looked at him then turned and went back to the microphone, leaving Hicks hanging.

Lynda went to stand by Light, taking his hand and giving him a kiss on the cheek, "Thanks, Lightning. For what you did for Strip."

McQueen blushed and smiled, a bit embarrassed, "You're welcome." He said back.