3-way

McQueen screeched into the pit stop and got out of his car, he tore his helmet off, breathing hard and seething as he strode past his crew who gingerly went to take care of the damaged car.

To his right a female reporter was talking quickly into the camera aimed at her, "Kori Turbowitz. We're here live in Victory Lane, awaiting the race results. McQueen that was quite a risky move, not taking tires."

Behind his back Light heard one of his crew mumble, "Tell me about it." Lightning ignored the flame of anger that made his insides churn, he needed to know who won.

Before he could reprimand his crew member a medical personnel stepped in front of him, "Sit here please."

Light looked behind him and sat down on the stack of tires indicated, the medic started to wipe dried blood off the side of his face.

Kori went on, "Are you sorry you don't have a crew chief out there?"

McQueen laughed, hiding the bitterness he felt, "Oh Kori, there's a lot more to racing then just winning. I mean, taking the race by a full lap, where's the entertainment in that? No, no, no, I wanted to give folks a little sizzle."

"Sizzle?" She repeated, glancing at the new trail of blood sliding down his cheek.

"Am I sorry I don't have a crew chief? No, I'm not. Cause I'm a one-man show." Though he was  struggling to get over how bad that last 100 feet had gone for him, he knew he'd won. He could feel it...He had to have won.

Kori smiled broadly and turned to her camera, "That was a very confident Lightning McQueen. Coming to you live from Victory Lane, I'm Kori Turbowitz." Kori stepped back and as soon as she relinquished her spot ten more reporters and camera men pushed up close to Lightning.

The medic gave them a look before shoving some camera man back, who was trying to get a good shot of Lightnings wound.

"Hey hey, let the guy get a good look." McQueen said.

"Not like he's trying to help you."

Lightning turned around to face the crew member who had spoken.

"What?"

The man froze.

Lightning went on, "You got an issue, Chuck?"

The dark haired crew member scowled - he had a mustache much like Chick, Lightning didn't like that - "My names not Chuck."

"Oh I'm sorry. Chuck." Lightning said pointedly, staring the man down.

He stood there for a moment, just looking at Lightning. Most of the reporters were still rattling off questions as if they didn't see what was going on but a choice few were zeroed in the exchange with heightening interest.

The man narrowed his eyes, "Ok. That's it." He dropped the wrench he was holding and it clattered to the asphalt loudly.

The man started to walk off towards the exit and Lightning watched as other members of his crew started to leave.

Lightning stood up, "Ow!" He scowled at the Medic and grabbed the gauze from the mans hand forcefully before putting it to his head, "Whoa, team, where are you going?"

Not-Chuck turned around, "We quit. Mr. One-man show."

Lightning's free hand balled up into a fist, though he felt something within him shake in fear he wasn't going to let anyone know it, "Oh. Okay. Leave. How will I ever find anyone who knows how to fill up a gas tank?" He rolled his eyes and smirked, looking back at the cameras. Most of the reporters and cameramen laughed.