You Wanna Race...Then Lets Race

"He's done!" Mater shouted.

The doors banged shut behind the brown clad man. 

Doc looked up quickly, "Done?"

Mater nodded, "Uh huh."

Doc looked down at his watch and frowned, "Its only been 3 hours."

Doc followed Mater outside to where Lightning was standing, dirty and sweating, next to the Sheriff who couldn't have looked more irritated.

As soon as Light saw Doc he shot off, "I'm done. Look, I'm finished. Just say thank you, and I'll be on my way. That's all you gotta say."

Sally walked up behind Doc and her scowl got deeper as she looked around the town, her gaze finally settling on him.

Light couldn't help but wonder what she'd look like if she actually smiled.

"It looks awful." She said flatly. The glass had been swept off the sidewalk and into the street, the new paint - over the graffiti - was splotchy and dripping on the best parts, and none of the windows had been replaced.

"Well, it matches the rest of the town." Lightning responded.

Her jaw dropped at that, pushing past Doc she got right up in McQueen's face, which he didn't half mind.

"Excuse me! Who do you think you are?" She said.

McQueen rolled his eyes, "Look, Doc said when I finished I could go. That was the deal!"

Doc pulled Sally back and pointed an accusatory finger at him, "The deal was you fix the town, not make it worse." He said, looking at the bad paint job, "Now redo it. Start over. And the glass doesn't go in the road it goes in the dumpster."

"Hey, look, grandpa, I'm not a janitor. I'm a race car driver."

Doc's eyes got real big and he started to laugh, it was a venomous laugh and Light resisted the urge to step away, "Ho ho ho! Isn't that right!?" Doc exclaimed, "Then why don't we just have a little race? Me and you."

Sally gasped, "What?"

McQueen bust out laughing, "Me and you? Is that a joke?" He'd crush this guy with his eyes closed and his hands tied behind his back.

Doc crossed his arms, "If you win, you go and I fix up the town. If I win, you fix it, and do it right."

Sheriff put a hand on Docs shoulder, "Doc, what're you doin'?" 

McQueen crossed his arms too, "I don't mean to be rude here Doc, but you probably go zero to sixty in like what...three point five years? You'll snap your neck at the speeds I go."

Doc smirked, "Then I reckon you ain't got nothin' to worry about."

Sally was still looking aghast between them, disbelieving that this was happening at all.

"You know what old timer?" Lightning said, "That's a wonderful idea. Let's Race."

A/N: Waaaaay short chapter this time around. I just thought this scene deserved a good wrap up, don't you think?