64 Slap over slap

Start from the beginning

"Mmm..."

"I said it's wrong."

"Ohh..."

"He said, I'm not in the state of thinking about right or wrong. (she paused for a while) and then he hugged me."

"Then?"

Laya frowned. Is she telling a story or what? She is asking her as if, she is listening to an interesting story...

"Pushing him, I banged on the door fearfully." She said.

"Are you sure about what you just said?" Khushi asked.

Laya was silent as she couldn't understand why she is asking so.

"You missed telling about one thing that when he changed his dress... because he never uses casual for the office. Today also he wore a light grey colour three-piece suit."

Arnav's face brightened. He understood that Khushi caught a point. Laya was horror-struck whereas Raizadas sighed in relief.

"No, he was in this dress only," Laya said.

"You mean he changed his three-piece suite in the office before he started to home?" Khushi cornered her.

"I don't know about it."

"But I know... he came to the office with me in the three-piece suit only. And now, he is standing in casuals. You only said he called you when he came from the office and you followed him..."

Relaxation started blooming on Raizadas' face.

"Tell me one thing; you know that no one is at home; still did you follow him silently when he called you?"

"I...followed him because I thought he is a good man. I just thought he may wish me for my marriage... and..."

Cutting her,

"...I will believe your story... right?"

"No...I..." she stammered.

"Nanne... bring the CCTV camera footage of the carriage. We will see what dress he was wearing when he came to RM." Khushi ordered NK.

Laya's face became pale hearing that.

"Yes... you are right... now I remember he was in the three-piece suit only." She tried to make it up.

"When he had an intention to misbehave with you, instead of removing his dress, did he get changed into casuals?" Khushi asked sarcastically.

"Oh..." Laya stumbled.

The next second, as no one expected, a tight slap fell on Laya's cheek. Laya was horror-struck by the vibrant slap of Khushi. She looked at Khushi unbelievably. As it was Khushi's responsibility to make her believe her action, she slapped her again. This time, Laya missed her balance and got hit on Lavanya. La pushed her away frowning loath fully as if Laya is something which no one would like to touch.

"What do you think? I will believe your rubbish? Don't I know my husband? His facial expression is enough for me to understand whether he is wrong or not. If he had done something like what you said, his eyes would not have met mine. A cheap woman who tries to trap someone's husband like you can't understand that." Khushi sneered.

They heard a clapping sound and looked at Manorama who made the sound.

"This is what I waited for. I just wanted to know how much Khushi bitiya trusts Arnav bituwa. I was not wrong... Khushi bitiya didn't fail me. I believed that there must be a reason if Arnav bituwa wants something and there must be a STRONG reason if he refuses something." She said looking at Laya.

Laya bowed down fuming.

"This is the time to watch a movie."

Manorama played a video on her mobile. Laya was talking on the phone with her friend.

"No, I won't leave India letting Arnav and Khushi be happy. Arnav has to pay for refusing me," she said wrathfully.

"............."

"I'm a girl after all. This stupid person will blindly trust me if I tell Arnav tried to rape me. And after that, Khushi will go from his life because she doesn't like such a man and I will go back to the US. " She said excitedly.

Manorama turned the video off.

"From the time you stepped into the RM again, I'm watching you... only you. Do you think we will believe you over our Arnav bituwa? (she paused looking at her) But... somehow, you are right. Khushi doesn't like such men but Arnav bituwa is not such a man. Know that." She said furiously.

Khushi looked at Arnav who has not moved his eyes from her face yet.

"Payal bitiya, we don't want this girl to be here anymore... not even for one more minute," Nani said sternly.

Payal started pulling Laya out of the room with rage. None of them reacted to it. Raizadas left the room after giving a warm look to Khushi. Anjali hugged her to convey her gratefulness. Khushi accepted it with a mild smile. Anjali left the room closing the door.

Lavanya rushed to Khushi and hugged her as tight as possible. She kissed Khushi's cheek strongly.

"You rocked Darling... That witch learned a good lesson from you today. you proved who you are..."

She again kissed her cheek and left the room hopping happily. NK who was watching them smiled at Khushi and followed Lavanya.

Khushi knew a strong and thankful gaze is rooted in her. She felt bad for Arnav. He is a man who roams like a LION but today he stood helplessly could do nothing. Khushi composed herself and brought a smile to her face.

"I will bring you coffee. I think you badly need one." She smiled softly.

Before she left the room, Arnav reached her, keeping all the second thoughts aside, taking double long steps and hugged her tightly, making Khushi widened her eyes. That was the first official hug of them. Khushi didn't know what to do as she didn't expect this kind of sudden blow from Arnav.

"Thank you... thank you so much for trusting me, Khushi..." he said in a meagre tone, tightening the hug.

Khushi stood closing her eyes. She so wanted to reciprocate the hug. She knew her one reaction to the hug will lead them to the next step of their relationship. Is she ready for that? Of course, she was ready from long ago. But until he accepts her past wholeheartedly, she can't reciprocate him. She can't take advantage of his helpless state.

Breaking the hug, Khushi smiled at him. Without reacting to his hug, she left the room, leaving vulnerable Arnav.

Though she came to the kitchen her mind has not left Arnav alone. She saw Hari Prakash boiling the milk. She prepared a strong coffee speedily and got back to the room with the coffee cup.

Her heart spilt tears, seeing Arnav sitting on the recliner, looking down sadly. He raised his head and looked at her gulping down. She extended the coffee cup towards him smilingly.

Arnav stood in front of her. Holding her hand by his left hand, he took the coffee cup from her hand by his right hand and kept it on the tea table, all the way looking at her eyes. LOVE was dripping in his eyes. Khushi's heartbeat rose tenfold instantly. His next stance chilled her spine.

"More than a hot coffee, I need a warm HUG Khushi." He said sternly, meeting her hazels, clutching her hand.

Khushi gulped down. She looked somewhere not knowing what to do. But Arnav was not in the mood to give her time to think more as he couldn't calm his mind down which was wavering like ever before.

He stood, spreading his hands, and nodded his head like,

"COME TO MY ARMS".

To be continued...