Chapter 11: Nice N' Easy

Start from the beginning

"No," my father interrupted as he stood up. "I think it's just what we need."

I raise my eyebrows at his enthusiasm, probably because I've never seen it.

"We'll divide up into small teams and just have fun. Fun- that does sound fun right?" His arms are spread wide as I think what's supposed to be a smile is spread across his face.

I give him an odd look as I slowly nod my head up and down. Everybody follows suit and Stefano tries to hold back a laugh.

"Okay, okay," he breathes out looking accomplished. "Gio, Nick, check on Keeley and Luca yeah? The rest of you, go on to bed. Lord knows we need some sleep."

Everybody files out of the living room as I walk up to Gio. He claps a hand on my back as we walk up the steps and down the hall towards Keeley's room.

"If I find your brother touchin' my sister again, I might hurt someone," I mutter as the two of us approach her door.

He snickers lightly as I twist the doorknob and walk in. I look at him and give him my harshest glare.

The two are pressed closer together than they were last time and it pisses me off. They're facing us, and Keely's back is pressed to his front. Luca's head is bent into the crook of my baby sister's neck as one of his arms serves as Keely's pillow while the other holds her tightly. Their legs are tangled together and they are just...undeniably close.

"Well, I would say they look awfully cozy, don't ya think?" I shoot Giovanni a look while he just smirks at my obviously irritated face.

"Let's just leave them, Nick. She obviously needs him tonight." I sigh one last time before walking out of the door.

"Tell your brother to lay off my sister, yeah?" I growl at him, the irritation rolling off of my body. His head falls back in laughter as he throws an arm around my shoulder.

"Oh Nick, the same could be said about her."

***

Keeley's POV

"Tesoro, baby, we've got to get up." I groan as I reluctantly sit up and untangle my body from Luca's. I rub my eyes with the back of my hands and blink a few times before I register Luca's bare chest beside me.

His voice was raspier than usual, and that combined with the warm sun shining in on him, he was a sight for sore eyes. His ocean blues were hypnotizing as his dark hair stuck up all over the place. I giggled to myself as I reached a hand out and ran it through his hair in an effort to try and tame it.

I didn't realize how close I had leaned into him until his hand reached up and he wrapped his fingers tightly around my wrist. Our noses were barely brushing and I could hear his breaths become noticeably heavier.

"Tesoro," he cleared his throat as his mouth brushed against my ear. He lowered my wrist until it sat on his leg.

"È un gioco pericoloso a cui stai giocando quando sei bravo come lo sei ora."
(It is a dangerous game that you are playing when you look as good as you do right now.)

I've never been one to get flustered easily, but his words have my stomach doing summersaults. Luca doesn't normally blatantly flirt with me, and the fact he does it in his heavy-Italian morning voice has my cheeks heating up and a chill running up my spine.

He chuckles deeply before brushing his lips against my cheek, causing my eyes to flutter shut.

I clear my throat as I gently pull away and try to stand up. I stumble a couple of steps due to my flustered state before Luca's calloused hands reach out and steady me.