Chapter 25: Paris

***Shorter chapter, but I think it's perfect. Also, sensitive topics ahead.***

Keeley's POV

"Is that all you've got, Keeley? Pretty sad if you ask me."

I let out a huff of frustration as I reached up and swiped away the beads of salty sweat rolling down my forehead and into my eyes. I could feel the strain in my muscles as I stood back up on shaky legs. 

"Whatever. Let's go again," I groan as I ready myself.

Luca and I had been training since five this morning because neither one of us could sleep. As it's nearing eight, you could definitely say I was mentally and physically exhausted. I hadn't trained with anybody that had given me a challenge in a while. Sure, I work with my father's men, but ultimately, none of them compared to fighting Luca.

Luca constantly provided a new challenge for me every time we fought. He matched my skill almost to a T. I knew that if I really needed to, I could beat him. I could go into full-on survival mode and make him fall flat on his ass. But considering I was not fighting for my life, I didn't want to result to that.

Luca was beating me right now, but not by much. He was getting cocky as I was starting to tire out. He would slip up sooner or later and then I would swoop in and get him.

Luca made the first move, which was a sign he was confident. Luca always preferred to have the other person make the first move. It allowed him to learn about his opponent.

He aimed for my left side, and I let him hit me because while he was going in with power, he forgot to protect the side of his body. I hiked my knee up and connected it to his gut. The moment he bent over, I elbowed his back, right where the kidney should be.

A pained cry left his chest as he collapsed onto the mat and tried to cradle his kidney.

"You shouldn't get so cocky, Gnocco," I cooed to him as I squatted down and patted the side of his face. "It's pretty sad if you ask me."

"Shut up," he spat out while using his hand to push on my face, successfully throwing off my balance. I fell back on my butt and laughed quietly as I watched him struggle. 

"How are you not dying right now?" he asked me while pulling himself up into a sitting position. "You've got to be burning up."

"I am, this... this is just more comfortable right now."

Trust me, I was painfully aware of the pool of sweat the was forming below me on the mat. I was wearing long sleeves and sweatpants. Normally, this would be a no-go and I would, a hundred percent, be in shorts and a sports bra; but after last night, something in me felt the need to cover up.

"Do you think we should shower before breakfast?" I asked Luca as I stood up and offered him a hand. He grabbed onto it as I helped him onto his feet.

"We definitely should," he winked suggestively while wrapping an arm around my waist and tugging me into him.

"Stai zitto," I laugh while pushing away from his sweaty chest. "You know what I mean."
(Shut up)

He smiled at me as he picked up his t-shirt from the floor and pulled it over his head.

"Nah, I don't think we have time. We've got to get to the shit-show, remember?"

I sighed as the two of us shut off the lights and trudged our way upstairs. I was not looking forward to seeing Nick. 

You could hear the low mumble of voices fill the air as we approached the dining room. The first thing I noticed when we walked in was the extra chair, more than likely for Julia.