Chapter 15: I'm Her Best Friend

Brady Pictured Above

***This chapter is much longer than the others for no reason. You have been warned.***

Luca's POV

"You aren't going to make us do something stupid with that command, right?" Nick mumbled while pushing the front door open. I smiled to myself: Keeley was going to give us hell. But to be honest, I didn't mind. I'd mop up the rain in the middle of a storm if it'd make her happy.

I couldn't take my eyes off of her as she walked with the beauty and strength of a goddess further into the house and into the living room.

"Would you all relax? You'll do whatever I ask-"

I about ran her over as Keeley stopped dead in her tracks going deathly still. I watched as her face widened in surprise. When I saw her eyes, I followed her direct line of sight.

"Brady?" Her voice came out in a barely audible, breathy whisper, so quiet that if I wasn't listening, I would have probably missed it.

My gaze fell on a tall and lanky guy chatting away with my father and Dominic. He turned around slowly and I got my first good look at his face. The mischievous glint in his eyes and the messy brown hair screamed trouble. But if that wasn't enough, the lazy and carefree grin on his face confirmed my thoughts. His arms and hands were tattooed with varying designs, and although thin, the guy looked strong as hell.

"Hey, Sweetness." His horse voice cuts through the silence of the room. In a flash, Keeley drops her shopping bags from today and lets out the girliest squeal I've ever heard from her. Her body breaks into a sprint as he takes a few long steps towards her. When she is only a couple of feet away, Keeley launches herself at him.

For anyone else, including me, her momentum would have probably sent them to the floor, but not him. He didn't even stumble as his arms reached out and caught her mid-air. Her laugh I love so much, the one that is sweet and melodic but laced with mischief and trouble, bubbled out of her. Keeley's arms wrapped around his neck in a tight embrace as her legs swung up and locked behind his back.

As he spun her in circles, I looked over to the guys, hoping for something, but they too looked confused.

"What are you doing here?!" my Tesoro laughed while slowly sliding down him and onto the floor. I felt my fists tighten around the bags I had brought in. When her feet hit the floor, Keeley stepped slightly back but his one hand still lingered dangerously low on her back.

"Well," he began with a smirk while gazing into her eyes. "I turned eighteen right after you left, and for...reasons, you know I couldn't go home. So imagine my surprise when I was, um... out, and an oddly terrifying man shows up and drags me out of the house I was in claiming to be not only a mob boss, but your father."

Keeley's eyes shot over to Dominic and even from where I was standing, I could see her frustration.

"Sweetness, don't worry. It's okay." Brady nudged her softly and I watched the tension in her shoulders lessen. "As I was saying, I was given two options: come work for him and get to see you, or never see you again. The decision wasn't that difficult, really."

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Keeley's voice was deathly low and filled with a kind of anger I had never seen from her. Her words were pointed towards her father who was standing off to the side. Dominic's back straightened at her tone and the iciness that comes easy to him took over.

"Watch your tone, Keeley. I understand you are upset that I enlisted your friend to join my mafia, but think for a second. Think real hard, Keeley. Think about why I did it. Think about why I wanted him on my team, and maybe for just a second think about the big picture."