54•

*jack's p.o.v*

"i'm sorry what?"

vicky got up after destiny said who she thinks is the person that took jackson. "why would he take jackson?" vicky questioned. i chuckled. the one time i actually believe destiny. "vicky, the question is why wouldn't he?"

god i hate him. more than anything in the world. he tried to hit on a pregnant teenager in fucking high school. are you that desperate? that lonely? is that your fetish or something you fucking creep?

"i'm sorry miss, we didn't catch the name of the person you think is that took the baby?" a cop approached destiny. destiny pulled her phone up showing them a photo. "him. his name is nate maloley."

she put her phone down and looked back at us. hearing his name makes me tense up. if this mother fucker stole my kid i'm killing him. i don't care. i'm killing him. vicky stops the cop from writing anything down. "wait- this could be another one of her fucked up tricks. where's your proof? how are you sure it's him?"

destiny sighed and walked to the coffee table to grab her phone again. i watch her as she pulls something up from her phone. "these messages are from a couple of weeks ago. i know nate. he's always dead serious about everything. so after hearing about jackson disappearing im positive it was him."

she hands us the phone.

victoria grabs it from her and places it in front of both us. we both had our mouths agape as we read the messages. holy shit.

nate: if i could, i'd take that damn kid. maybe then victoria will finally realize her place is with me.

destiny: haha very funny nate, don't joke around about that, he's innocent in all this, don't take it out on a baby.

nate: that baby is jacks baby. they're both to blame for taking victoria away from me. if i could, i'd make them both disappear

destiny: ... i'm choosing to believe ur joking

the phone drops. "he took my baby."

victoria mumbles. "what? baby what happened?" i grab her face. she pulls my hands away. "he took my fucking baby!" she turned around to look at the cops. "well?!"

they looked taken aback. "aren't you going to do anything in trying to get my baby now that you know who did it?! or you're just going to stand there like cockroaches? hurry up and help me get my baby back."

watching victoria is getting me nervous. i've never seen her with so many emotions at once. she's angry, nervous, irritated, scared, everything in the book. and i just stood there. i don't know what to do. whenever she's like this i can't do anything without making it worse.

i know we both lost jackson. but she's his mother. mother's always feel the pain differently when it comes to a child. i'm hurting so bad without him, i can't even imagine what the woman who gave birth to him is feeling.

i watch her pull her hair and scream at the cops. i looked down to think. how did it get this far? how did we allow this to happen? how did someone this crazy manage to stay in our lives and do this. my thinking stopped. the background noise is gone.

victoria isnt screaming anymore. i look up and see the most shocking thing ever.

destiny is hugging victoria.

*victorias p.o.v*

my breathing comes to a hault. i feel someone on my back. theres arms around my abdomen. skinny cold arms. squeezing me. i hear her breath loudly on my shoulder. "i'm sorry."

i stayed silent. i stopped screaming. i wasn't waving my arms anymore. i just stood there. "i understand jackson's missing. i know it hurts. but we know where he is. i promise you nate has him. he might be insane but he would never hurt your baby. i know my words aren't comforting much but i hope my touch is. i know i'm a dick and i've done some foul shit but i finally understand your pain. and i'm sorry. i'm so fucking sorry."

everything suddenly went silent. i slowly pulled away from her. we both looked at each other silently. it felt like an eternity. it was comforting though. i actually felt better. that's a first.

until i finally broke the silence.

"let's go find my kid"

•a/n•

lol hi. i didn't die i just got depressed.