Chapter69- And the plot thickens

Start from the beginning

Almost as if it's happening all over again.

I can't control myself, I grasp the ground and try to gain control but I can't. Everything's happening so fast that I can't even process.

Jannat grasps my shoulders, shaking me hard, but I don't react. My eyes are as dead as stone.

Not a single tear finds its way to my eyes, and suddenly it feels as if all the emptiness in the world just got stored inside of me.

It's happening again.

But it pains the same.

My horrifying thoughts are rippled by Rohit shaking me and calling my name,

"Avneet! Avneet get up!"

The panic clear in his voice as I shoot out of my thoughts and am back at the bench.

It felt too real.—

Rohit: Avneet, are you alright. You seem terrified. (Taking her hands and trying to warm them) You're trembling!

—tears lavishly wet my face and I realize that it's all over. And I'm never going to see him again.

Never.—

Avu: he's gone. (Rohit wraps his arms around her and she simply sobs into his already very wet shirt)

Rohit: (stroking her hair and whispering into her ear) how often do you get panic attacks?

Avu: (through sobs) more when I'm alone, and mostly in my dreams.

Rohit: (whispering so lowly that Avu could barely hear) I'm so sorry.

(Avu calms her breathing slowly)

Rohit: (sneezing right on her hair and then immediately hoping she doesn't)   we should get back, before either one of us catches a cold.

Avu: (nodding)

~~~

Sid POV

—I grab my head and massage it with my fingers trying to get some relief from the headache that does not seem to get any better...

We stand outside Avu's room when she stops me just before I can knock.—

Avu: give me a sec, I need to breathe. (Taking in a few stable breathe ins and outs)

Avu: do I look ok?

Rohit: (putting on a small smile) as nice as always.

Avu: I just don't want Jaan to be worried cuz then she'll start questioning me and then she'll just worry more.

Rohit: it's ok. You look great. (Knocking on the door knowing that Jaan would be there soon)

Rohit: Avu, (bridging a few stray gays out of her face)  take care of yourself.

Avu: (nodding) I will.

—I turn around and walk down the corridor towards the elevator only to be called by Avu once again.—

Avu: Hey Rohit?! Why don't you stay over and have dinner with us?

Rohit: (shaking his head) no thank you. (Stepping into the elevator as the door closes on him)

I could see that Avu was a bit hurt by my response and perhaps I would say that I could stay...

But, I wanted to get back to my room as quickly as possible and doze off for a few hours.

The piercing headache now only getting worse and seeing Avu in pain simply was never my cup of tea.

The elevator door opens to my office on the seventh floor and I step out, only to be greeted by Shadan, Adnaan and Ashi tapping away at their phones which they hold horizontally.--