Chapter76- Jannat's Infamous Diary Entries

The Prequel

29th August 2017

(Freshman Year, Delhi National College of Commerce and Entrepreneurship)

Dear Diary,

Hi! I'm Jannat Zubair Rahmani, but everyone calls me Jaan.

I ain't Anne so I clearly have no clue what to write in you. Today is my eighteenth b'day and the second day of wretched freshman year in college.

I had asked mom for a new phone and what do I get in the mail today morning, you! A dumb blank book!

I hate you diary, and I will throw you in the dustbin!

Definitely not yours,

Jaan.

30th August 2017

Dear Diary,

I'm sorry about yesterday. I guess I was just mad at myself and took the anger out on you.

I'm also sorry for throwing you under the bed with all the cobwebs and spiders.

It's just... Avu! I hate Avneet fucking Kaur! So what if I've known her since 7th grade!, this Avu that I know now is definitely a whole new person!

What does she think of herself! Two days in college and she's already staring at Arjun at the cafeteria!

Oh right... I forgot to tell you about Arjun! He's only the hottest, coolest, most popular, kindest and absolutely charming person in THE entire college! So what if he's a senior, he's just so nice. I can almost already feel a connection!

Arjun is mine! I saw him first! And besides he even talked to me in the gymnasium today morning! Clearly we are meant to be!

And I will prove it to Avneet, diary! I will destroy Avneet in the first round and become head girl, then Arjun will fall head over sneakers for me!

I swear, Arjun is mine!

Your atishbaz,

Jaan.

3rd September 2017

Dear diary,

Today... I think the accountancy teacher gave me the evil eye. I mean sure I might have been daydreaming and might've told her that 8 into 4 is 73, but that doesnt me she can just give me the nazar!

The day was just about to get intolerable when I came across Preeti and Tasha at the cafeteria, Arjun and his group were two tables away from us and Avu, Saksha and the rest of their group.

This is one of those days that makes you realize that there's two girls on the very top of the popularity ladder, but there's space for only one. It's either Avneet, or me.

And the coming exams along with the position of head girl are bound to throw Avneet a looong way down!

Anyway, exams are coming so gotta go study. I'll talk to you after the exams, diary.

Yours,

Jaan.

27th September 2017

Dear diary,

Tomorrow our first term results are coming out! And I'm far more than sure that I've ranked first!

Along with everything, I think life is about to get a hell lot more interesting, cuz this year they've introduced prom night!

I am more excited for this than anything else in my life, cuz I know for a fact that this will be a turning point.

The time has finally come, for Arjun to choose between Avneet and I, and judging by the way Arjun looked at me in the auditorium today, he's definitely gonna choose me!