Chapter54- Throbbing Pain

Avu POV
(12/09/2020
11:16pm)
I find myself standing in the balcony of my room, Jaan already fast asleep and Sana purring at my feet.
The custom black dress which I had first worn on my 20th Birthday Party drapes down my legs, softly brushing by thigh.
I look out at the view, a vine glass in my hand which I sip from slowly.

"Avu: don't leave me?
Sid: I won't. I promise."

(The alcohol getting to her head) So he lied to me? Did he really?

I feel Sana try to climb up my dress as I pick her up...—

Avu: Sana you naughty kitten! (Watching her look out at the city in awe)
Avu: hey, you wanna go out for a walk?
Sana: (purring enthusiastically)

—I walk down the stairs and outside the building, putting Sana down as she starts to run away and I run after her, tripping a few times on dress and scraping my knee twice.
The stinging pain of my skin being scraped on the concrete floor shooting up my foot.
I call out to Sana and she finally stops, and runs back to me as I pick her up.
Hunching due to the pain in my leg.—

—I find myself at a dark alleyway, not knowing where I am or how I got here.
I look down at my cut, it's not too big, it's basically like the ones I used to get as a kid, while learning to ride a bicycle.
I walk through the alleyway, yet not recognizing where I am...

Am I lost in Dubai? And I don't have my phone either!
I look at Sana who just sits in my arms and stares around.

I walk down the path of the alleyway until I come across a park.
Walking through it under the dull streetlights, crossing benches.
No sound except that of silence buzzing in my ears.
I keep walking through the dark, not knowing where I am, trying to find someone I can consult. But there's not a soul in sight.

I walk towards a concrete staircase and below it there's a lake, still as glass.
I walk down the stairs and bend to touch the water, the cool fluid wetting by fingertips, as ripples form in the lake.

I let out a genuine smile as I stare at the sight, the horizon lighting up, denoting dawn.
I touch the necklace which hangs around my neck as I risk it over and trace my finger over the carving in the gold which says his name.
'Siddharth'.

Then I look at the horizon one last time, then pick up Sana and turn around.
A sly smile in dark red lipstick standing in front of me. Her full face of makeup done perfectly as always as a blood red dress drapes down her knees. —

Aadaya: hello Avneet.
Avu: Ms. Misra. What are you doing here?
Aadaya: Y'know Avu, I always wanted the best for you. But I always hated you. From the bottom of my heart.
Avu: (confused) what?
Aadaya: I've always loved to see you hurt though. So, I'm so sorry Avneet.
Avu: what for?

—My eyes meet hers and her hand find itself to my neck as she pushed me back and I stumble back a step and before I know it I'm hit in the head by a full wine bottle, the broken pieces of glass piercing into my face as pain shoots through my skin.
Book lavishly pouring out of my head as a throbbing pain shoots through the part of my skull which came in contact with the impact.

I watch someone else running over as Aadaya holds him back, holding his throats as he tries to scream my name.
My eyes meet his and it's none other than,
Siddharth.—

Sid: (unable to get out of Aadaya's hold)
Sid: AVNEET! Avneet!

—My vision starts to blur and I completely lose balance.
I can still hear Sana purring wildly as Aadaya just pushes me back and turns to Siddharth, holding a blade to his neck as she digs it into his skin.