Chapter 32- Neon Glow stick

On top is Ishq Wala Love from Student of the year!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jaan POV
(Eeshan introducing his new girlfriend)
Eeshan: guys, this is my girlfriend.
Aishwarya: Hiya. I'm Aishwarya Singh. Eeshan's current girlfriend. But y'all can call me Varia.
Avu: well. Hi Varia. Pleasure to meet you.
Varia: are you kidding! You're Avneet Kaur. Everyone in my college is CRAZY about you! Can I have a selfie? Pleaseeee!
Avu: (now a bit creeped out) sure!
(Gives her signature smile as the teenager holds up her phone and takes a pic)
Varia: amazinggg!
Avu: I gotta go now. We'll see you guys as soon as we're done with the shit.
Eeshan: I'm taking Varia sightseeing. She hasn't been to Mumbai before. (To Varia) you'll love it!
Varia: I'll see about that!
(Avu, Faisu, Varia and Eeshan exit the room leaving Jaan and Ayaan alone)
Jaan: so... why so grumpy?
Ayaan: FINE! If you insist on knowing. Y'know that girl I told you I had dated for 5months once?
Jaan: yeah.
Ayaan: She was Varia.
Jaan: like... that Varia.
Ayaan: YES THAT VARIA! Aishwarya Singh was my girlfriend!
Jaan: why'd you guys brake up?
Ayaan: she's a gold digger! And a fucking cheat.
Jaan: ok... what happened?
Ayaan: she's been using me! The only place she ever went with me was the mall! And did she ever pay? No! 
One faithful afternoon I found her kissing some senior behind the college fountain.
Jaan: and then?
Ayaan: she apologized and I gave her another chance.
Jaan: what the fuck! Why in the name of god would you do that?!
Ayaan: because I was stupid ok! I was stupid enough to love her. And actually believe  that she loved me.
Jaan: damn you were stupid.
Ayaan: could you at least show some support!
Jaan: alright. I'll shut up.
Ayaan: and then she continued to use me for a few more months until one day I refused to buy her an OVER PRICED handbag. Like who the hell wants a handbag worth 15,000 when you can get stuff of perfectly fine quality for like 150!
Jaan: true.
Ayaan: that's when she told me that I was so cheap and useless. So she broke up with me.
I was sad and heartbroken, or whatever, for a whole night. Until I found her again the next morning kissing Eeshan on the school entrance stairs.
I swear that was the most disturbing and disgusting sight that I had ever seen. My best friend kissing my ex. Yuck!
I had learned the hard was that she was a slut and a gold digger. And I tried to tell Eeshan. But... obviously he wouldn't listen.
Jaan: and now?
Ayaan: I'm letting him find out the hard way. What choice do I have?
Jaan: fair enough.
Ayaan: (sighs) (taking Jaan's phone and smirking as he stares at the lock screen) anywayyy... what's up with you these days? Crushing?
Jaan: no way! What the hell?
Ayaan: then what's he doing on your lock screen?
Jaan: (suddenly realizing what Ayaan is talking about and snatching the phone away from him)
Ayaan: Faisu right?
Jaan: shut up. And besides Avu is in this pic too! It's their first day modeling together.
Ayaan: so if you don't like him, then you have nothing to hide! (Snatching the phone back from her as he holds it in front of her face and it unlocks due to face recognition. And running around the room with it as Jaan tries to catch him)
Jaan: GIVE THAT BACK RIGHT NOW!
Ayaan: (opening her camera roll) (swiping the pics) Oooo. And this must be the pic of his first solo modeling. And this must me the pic of his second solo modeling. And this must be the pic of his second duo modeling.
Jaan: oh shut up!
Ayaan: of course. You're only doing your job!
Jaan: YOU JUST WAIT TILL I GET MY HANDS ON YOU AYAAN ZUBAIR!
Ayaan: y'know he's not that hot also!
Jaan: (subconsciously) yes he is. (Sudden realization of what she just said) I mean No he's not! (Now confused) What the fuck am I saying?
Ayaan: this is what you call, "Ishq wala love" (singing the song)
Jaan: (to Ayaan who's now sitting on the couch to catch his breath as Jaan snatches the phone back from him) no!
Ayaan: but seriously. Do you like him?

Do I?

Jaan: (sighing and catching her breath) what does it matter! He doesn't like me anyway. And besides he's Avu's boyfriend.
Ayaan: how do you know that he doesn't like you?
Jaan: he told me.
Ayaan: (in a regretful tone that be asked her that) oh. (Jaan looking sadly down at the pictures as she starts to delete them, one by one but Ayaan takes the phone from her and restores the pics.)
Ayaan: leave them there. He's not that ugly either. (Installing Subway Surk as he starts playing)
Jaan: (smiling at his hopelessness) you're stupid.
~~~