Chapter56- Project: How to fake your brother's death.

This chap is dedicated to maria-2545 and anushaa_23 for being the most AMAZING friends from school that anyone could ever ask for. 💙❣️
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Faisu POV
(Their penthouse, Mumbai)
Faisu: ugh! Spring cleaning just feels worse in Autumn!
There's no vibe!
Abhi: but I've already told you a million times before! This is the best time to do it cuz no one is home!
Faisu: Yeah yeah I know! Now don't lecture me about it!

—I wrack through the attic till I come across loads of old cardboard boxes.
Theses stuff haven't been cleaned for like, three years!
I turn the boxes over and read the marketed word written on most of them.
'Siddharth'

I remember considering opening the boxes once, somewhere around one and a half years ago, but we just couldn't get ourselves to open them.

We got too sentimental and just gave up.
But this time, we have to do it. Its getting way too dusty in here.

I trace my hand on his name, markered in big letters on the old box.
Then I open the tape wrapping up and inside theres liads if stuff.
Picture frames, books, old diaries, his 11th grade Accountancy book (which still looks untouched) and a couple of other stuff.

I take them all out one by one and am soon face to face with an old photo album.—
Faisu: hey Abhi! Look I found Sid's photo album!
Abhi: ohh! Cool! Lets check it out!
(Flipping through the first page)

Faisu: (looking at a selfie of Sid, Faisu and Abhi having Pani puri at a stall with a vender) I remember this day! We had bunked maths class in 10th grade and we went out to have Pani puri! And then we met the principal at the stall!
Abhi: yes! God damnit! That day we were way too close to being suspended!
Faisu: I'm surprised we didnt get suspended though. (Trying to recall) Why was that?
(Abhi trying to chanve the topic very badly)
Abhi: now how about we move on with the pictures!
Faisu: AHH! I remember! Its cuz the principal's daughter was madly in love with you! (Bursts out laughing)
Abhi: now lets not talk about it!
Faisu: flashback
Principal: for bunking classes, I suspend the both of you!
(A girl walking in)
Girl: but Father! How can you suspend him! His is the boy I was talking about!
Principal: (staring at Abhi) this fellow?
Girl: (in a high pitched annoying voice) yes! And you cant suspend him!
Principal: but-
Girl: But nothing! And on the contrary, I wanna date him!
Abhi: what!
Principal: you want to date this boy?! But princess-
Girl: but nothing dad! I'm in love.
Principal: but how do you know that this boy wants to date you?
(Girl looking at Abhi seductively as Abhi just gives panicked glances to Faisu who just holds his laughter)
Girl: so, Abhishek. I'm Priya. Do you wanna be my boyfriend?
Faisu: (to Abhi) just say yes. We won't be punished.
Abhi: but-
Faisu: say yes!
Abhi: fine! Yes.
Principal: oh wow! There you go princess.
Priya: Love you dad!
(Hopping out of the room leaving a rather traumatized Abhi and Faisu bursts out laughing)

Flashback over

Abhi: please don't remind me of that girl.
(Flipping through loads of pages until he comes across a few pictures they weren't in. Few pics they didn't recognize.)
Faisu: hey! Look at these. We haven't been to this amusement park before.
Abhi: (looking at the pics) true.
(Flipping to the next page only to find pics they'd never seen before)
Abhi: (staring at a selfie of Sid and Sana having pizza) Oh my god! Look it's Sid and Avu! At the amusement park, Having pizza!
Faisu: but when did this happen?
Abhi: We don't know! This means that...
Faisu: Sid and Avu are a thing! And they didn't even tell us!
Abhi: no... something just doesn't feel right. If Sid ever dated Avu, he would tell us.
But the only person we know Sid dated after college is...
Faisu: is Sana Zubair. 
Abhi: that means that this is Sana Zubair!
(Faisu and Abhi bursts out laughing)
Faisu: all this time Siddharth was in love with this Sana Zubair, it was Avneet all along!
Abhi: all those times he called Avu his sister and then openly talked about loving Sana...Avu must have thought that he was a piece of shit! (Wiping  he tears from his eyes dramatically)
Faisu: I honestly didn't expect this amount of foolishness from Sid.
Abhi: exactly! How could he not see through these fake contacts and freckles!
Faisu: that also explains why Avu was so affected by Sid's death.