Chapter 37- Don't leave me.

Avu POV
12:36am
— Today is a good night to get drunk. Let go of all this shit before it happens. The last night before my lingerie shots begin.
My last night of actual freedom.
Might as well celebrate it with some alcohol!
I walk down the street and into the jazz bar where I had first met Siddharth.
I walk up to the bartender and she hands me 5shots.—
(Avu taking the tray and walking to a window-side table before sitting down and gulping down the first shot.
The burn in her throat almost unbearable but pleasing. The tears run down her eyes as she takes another shot.)

Blur.
Drunk Laughter

Avu: kal mera life barbaad ho jaega!
(Resting her head on the chair to make the dizziness calm down, more tears running down her eyes.)
Sid: (letting her head rest on his shoulder as he pats her head) kal kutch barbaad nahi hoga.
Avu: except my life and my self pride.
Sid: you'll be fine. Your real friends will always be with you.
Avu: I will never be Albee to show my face in public again!
Sid: (sighs) everything will be alright. Just stop drinking! You'll get wasted!
Avu: no. (Taking 2 more shots) I want to get wasted!
Sid: but I don't want you to get wasted! How will you get home?
Avu: you can take me home right!
Sid: you really think I'm here don't you?
Avu: no. I know that you're not. I know that It's just an illusion. Right?
Sid: (smiling) I don't know. Do you believe?
Avu: no. But I really want to.
Sid: then believe.
Avu: fine. (Shutting her eyes and mumbling) So tell me Siddharth. You won't leave me and go will you?
(Opening then again to find herself just leaning on the chair and talking to no one.)
Avu: of course it was just a dream! (Taking another shot before shutting her eyes once again and losing consciousness)

~~
1:00am
(At her house in her bed)
Jaan: Avu! Avu! Are you alright? Open your eyes!
Avu: (still drunk) where am I? Who am I? Who're you?
Jaan: stop this nonsense! You're wasted! Why the hell did you drink that much?
Avu: Tomorrow my life is gonna end! I can already feel some very awkward bad vibes.
Jaan: Avu! Nothing is gonna happen!
(Someone knocks on the window and Jaan opens it)
Jaan: Siddharth? At this hour? Through the window?! (Smirking) how often does this happen?
Sid: (smirking) every night.
Jaan: (dramatically gasping) really?!
Sid: no I'm just messing with you. This is the first time.
Jaan: oh good. Cuz before marriage it's a sin!
Sid: (poking her in the head) shut up!
(Both of them laugh)
Sid: what up with Avu?
Jaan: she's wasted herself off at the bar.
Sid: doing what? Drinking lemonade?

— Lemonade? Did Siddharth just...
the memory flooding back to my head. The exact spot, the exact time that day when I first met Siddharth Nigam. I was drinking lemonade.
Then his soft brown eyes flash through my head and I sit up on the bed.—
Sid: hey!
Avu: (still drunk) it's just a dream isn't it?
Sid: (poking himself) I don't think so. Why... do you dream of me often?
Avu: yes.
Sid: (a little taken aback) really?
Avu: yeah. You die in most of them. (A teardrop rolling down her eye)
Sid: oh. (Wiping the tear away)
Avu: (lying back down as Sid hands her a bottle of water to sober her and she drinks from it)
(Avu closing her eyes and in the verge of falling asleep)
Avu: So tell me Siddharth. You won't leave me and go away will you?
Sid: (shocked by her question) (smiling weekly) I won't.
Sid: Goodbye Avu.
(Hugging her as he gets up and then walks up to Jannat)
Sid: take care of her ok.
Jaan: (looking at the sleeping Avu) (a little confused of why Sid is so worried) She'll be fine.
Sid: just take care of her ok.
Jaan: I will.
(Sid hugging her brotherly as she returns it and closes the window after Sid hops out and gives her a wave.)
Sid: goodbye.

Sid POV
4:30am
(Their penthouse, Faisu and Abhi still fast asleep. Getting into their rooms and jumping on them)
Sid: WAKE UP!
Faisu: but why?! It's still 4:30am! We planned for 6!
Sid: but can't we just have a head start? y'know it's not everyday that's the last day before I die.
Abhi: (now trying to rub the sleepiness out of his eyes) fair enough.
Sid: let's go?
Faisu: ugh! Fine. Everything's already packed. Let's get going then.
(Both of them getting up and washing off before putting on their jackets and standing at the door)
Sid: (smiling weakly) last trip before I die, here we come!
Abhi: don't worry about it. You're not dying forever.
Faisu: yeah. We'll run united again before you even know it!
Sid: yeah obviously!
(All three of them know that the situation may not be as easy as it looks, they're trying to convince themselves that nothing's gonna go wrong.
The three give each other one last hug inside the house before Abhi picks up the keys and they all hop into the Ferrari. Abhi taking the drivers seat and Sid taking shotgun as Faisu lathers in the backseat)
(Silence)
Sid: should I switch on the radio?
Abhi: definitely!
(Sid switches on the Radio as Ishq Farsi starts to play)
'Jana hai to ja,
Hai Teri marzi
Maan lungi tha
Tera ishq Farzi'