Chapter68- Holy McFlurries!

Start from the beginning

—What kind of a mother is Aadaya! This is no way to treat you very own children!
But there's something else that caught my attention in the story.
Her sister dated me?
But how? I dated just two people my entire life. Sana nd Ananya.
And I've met both their parents...

So who's Riza talking about?—

Rohit: When did I date your sister? (Scratching his head in utter confusion) Is Sana your sister?

Riza: (looking at him, now even more confused) to start with... no! Sana?, my sister?! What in the fudge nuggets? Who is Sana?
(Rohit grinning like hell while Riza just stares at him confused then lets it slip)

Riza: and for that matter... Ananya is my sister.
Rohit: what!
Riza: (nodding) Ananya pandey is actually my sister. We were supposed to be a happy family together this year. For the first time in my entire life I would have celebrated Christmas in an actual home. With an actual family.
(A teardrop rolling down her cheek which Rohit brushes away)

Rohit: Don't worry about it. This year, I guarantee you that you won't be spending Christmas alone. You'll be with me. With my family!
Consider it your own!
Riza: (still processing) wait... really?!
Rohit: yup!
Rohit: You wont be lonely again. I assure you.

Riza: b-but why are you helping me?
Rohit: (smiling) Cuz a friend in need's a friend indeed. And I'm your friend.
(Holding her shoulders and then pulling her into a tight friendly hug as she hugs back, tears flowing down her eyes, wetting his shirt)

Rohit: (whispering into her ear) now what happened?
Riza: I've never really had a friend.
Rohit: well. You have me now!
(Letting her go and then grinning at the smiling girl)

—That's when a snuffling sound catches my attention from beside us and I release Riza to find Avu standing at the door, her face covered in tears which she wipes away with her hands.

What happened to Avu? Is she alright?!

I am just about to make my way towards her when she just runs out the door and her name escapes my mouth but she doesn't stop.
'Avneet wait!'
I watch as she runs into the elevator and the door closes on her.—

Riza: Holy MCFLURRIES! Is that really Avneet Kaur! The Avneet Kaur!
Rohit: yea.
Riza: THE AVNEET KAUR! Are you mad? This is hella pattys! How are you not a large size coke bottle by now!

Rohit: um... which Avneet Kaur are you talking about... cuz I really don't think that Avneet owns a Mcdonald's anywhere...
Riza: (jumping with joy) I just saw Avneet FLIPPING KAUR! My life is complete!!!

Rohit: um...
Riza: WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME!
Rohit: I was trying to...
Riza: wait... that means your crush on Avneet is legitamate! OOooo...
Rohit: (going a bit red as he laughs nervously)
Riza: THIS IS SO INSANE!

Rohit: yeah I guess.
~~~

—Speaking of which... where did Avu run off to this time?
I walk down the corridor to Avneet and Jaan's room and knock on it only to get Ashi's voice from the other side 'come in its open'
I open the door and walk in, only to find a rather distressed Ashi and Jannat tapping away at their phones.—

Jaan: (worried) Have you seen Avneet?!
Rohit: no. In Fact I came to ask you guys about her whereabouts.

Jaan: oh well! Why should it matter to you?! Afterall you no longer care about her right!
Rohit: I-
Ashi: Shush! This is no time to argue among ourselves! We have to find Avneet.

Rohit: why not just call or track her phone?
Jaan: she left her phone here. And her money too.
Ashi: where was she last?
Rohit: she ran off from my office. I saw her run off. She was crying.
Jaan: what! What did you tell her?!
Rohit: nothing. God damn it, you can't just blame this on me Jannat Zubair!