"Can you open a window?" Ashton asked, starting to feel claustrophobic in his own skin. Michael pressed a button and soon enough Ashton's window went down. He scooted closer to the window and inhaled the cool fresh air.

"You didn't tell me why-" Michael started.

"I wasn't blushing. I was only talking to Luke." Ashton said, not sounding convincing.

"Just Luke huh? You were blushing over Luke." Ashton snorted and let out a loud hiccup making him cough.

"Did you just snort, hiccup and cough at the same time?" Calum laughed.

"Yeah. That's just the joys of being Ashton Irwin."

-
-
-

Luke and Ashton were currently in their music class and Luke couldn't stop thinking about what Ashton had told him last night. About how Lauren and Harry's Dad left and Ashton was finally starting to see him as a father figure. Why did he leave just like that? Luke wondered. There must be more to the story, as to why he left so abruptly. He feels as though he shouldn't get involved but couldn't help to feel curious and wanted to know the reason why he left. Ashton was a nice guy. He didn't deserve that when he already has so much going on in his life. Why does he have constant hiccups? Why couldn't the doctors find out what's wrong with him? Will they ever go away? He can't possibly be stuck with them for the rest of his life. It isn't possible. Is it?

"Luke," Ashton waved his hand in front of Luke's face to gain his attention.

"Uh- sorry what?"

"Are you okay? You don't seem very focused today." Ashton asked, concern lacing his tone.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just tired." Luke lied. Ashton didn't by it but he let it go much to Luke's dismay.

"Okay, well everyone is working on their song so we should do the same." Luke agreed and they went to sit at the back of the classroom near a keyboard just incase they needed it.

"I wrote a little bit of the song the other night. I don't know if it's any good." Ashton said, pulling out a piece of paper from his bag. He handed it to Luke, and he instantly started skimming over the words printed on the page.

Try your best to change your fate

You can just enjoy the ride

The sun will rise the moon will fall

Tomorrow never dies,

It wasn't a lot but Luke knew it took a lot of time to actually come up with lyrics. And these lyrics were perfect. He kept reading over and over the words that had such meaning.

"So?" Ashton asked nervously.

"It's-It's perfect." Luke placed his hand on his mouth in astonishment. He quickly took his hand off of his mouth when realising that was a really flamboyant thing to do.

"Really? I was scared that you would hate it."

"I love it. It's great." Luke smiled, causing Ashton to smile too.

"Do you have anything so far?" Ashton asked. Luke pulled out a book and flipped to the page with lyrics on it. He passed it to Ashton and he began reading over it. A crooked smile made its way to Luke's face when seeing Ashton's face go a shade of pink. Why would he be blushing over something I wrote? It's not that big of a deal.

"Can you sing it for me?" Ashton pleaded. Luke looked around and saw that no one was really paying attention, so he cleared his throat.

"It's hard to see your enemy when you're looking at yourself," Luke sang. "Maybe your reflection shows you're screaming out for help." Ashton was completely mesmerised. Luke sang so beautifully. He was trying to think of a coherent sentence but his thoughts were jumbled and his stomach was tied in knots.