Chapter 9

Dedication to CrazyforCliffoXx bc she's fab. (I EDITED THIS BC IT WAS SHIT AF SO I STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT YOU RE-READ. JUST FORGET WHAT HAPPENED, K THANKS.)

Anne's words replayed in Ashton's head all through the night. His mother told him about the car accident, due to him being passed out, he didn't even know that had happened. He found it scary that he is lucky to be alive, Luke thought he had stopped breathing and that's why he took his hands off the steering wheel. Ashton's heart kind of fluttered when she told him that. If that wasn't weird or anything. He didn't blame Luke for it at all. Later on in the day, they were told the driver that collided with Luke was drunk and died instantly. Ashton hoped Luke wasn't blaming himself for it, that was something he most certainly didn't want.

Ashton wasn't expecting Luke to be waiting in the hospital for him to wake up, yet he was the only person he wanted to see when he did so. It was good seeing his mother and after a while, his siblings, but he just needed to see Luke and he didn't know why. But, he couldn't help but feel disappointed when Anne said he left. Ashton was hoping he was only tired and wanted to go home to bed, but a part of him thought it was because he was sick of waiting for the boy to wake up. He had no idea, but prayed it was the first option.

He was currently laying in his bed, still in the hospital where he would be for a week. He was in a bit of pain still, considering the accident only happened last night. The boy pressed a red button, signalling that he needed assistance and soon enough a nurse came in. After telling her he was in pain, she gave him some pain relief and told him the side effects included nausea but it wouldn't last long. He groaned, not wanting to feel anymore pain than what he was already experiencing, but thanked her before she left the room.

Ashton grabbed his phone that luckily, was still intact from when the car crashed and checked the time. It was 2 in the morning. He hadn't fallen asleep all night, instead, just kept tossing and turning and thinking. Thinking about when Michael gave him that drink. When Anne had told him her suspicions when she visited him, he nearly scoffed at the thought of him doing something like that. When she fought back and said, "He was blind drunk, he obviously doesn't remember doing it." Ashton started questioning his opinion ever since. Surely he wouldn't do that though, he's not that stupid. Michael can be a bit of a dick head when he's drunk, but can't everyone? Especially Calum. Luke seemed almost disgusted when the raven haired boy tried hitting on Ashton, and he wasn't going to lie, he liked that. He liked it a lot.

Sighing, he reached over and grabbed his little black book from the small white table beside his bed and took one of the hospital pens to write with. He opened up the book and grabbed out the song lyrics that Luke wrote, remembering that they traded. He thought he could add a few more words onto it, seeing as though he couldn't sleep. He scribbled a few lyrics down after staring at a blank page for about 20 minutes. Finding inspiration for a song was harder then anyone thinks.

Oh the sun will rise

Like a flame ignites

He had no idea if that even sounded decent, he didn't really care at this point. The song was due in 3 more weeks and he wasn't sure if Luke had been writing any. After biting the tip of his pen for another 10 minutes, he jotted down a few more things that came to mind.

We're not done till we say it's over

We won't fade away

Ashton stayed up nearly all night reading over Luke's lyrics and trying to remember the beat he sang it to him in, when they were in music that one time. He had no luck remembering, he would have to get Luke to sing it to him again. Plus, it gave him an excuse to hear Luke's pretty voice again. Ashton only prayed the lyrics would go well together.