Chapter 28

Luke stared up at the ceiling from where he layed in his bed, thoughts running wild because today was the day he was moving back to Melbourne. It's funny, he remembered doing the exact same thing on the day he was moving to Sydney. He just never expected so much to happen in his life. He never expected that he'd meet the love of his life, let alone it being a boy. He never expected that one of the greatest friends he's ever had would pass away.

There were times when Luke actually had to pinch himself to see if he was awake or dreaming.

Luke rolled onto his side, seeing Ashton asleep and hearing his quiet hiccups being muffled by his sleeping mask. Luke really hated that thing, probably more than Ashton but it was necessary. That's one thing Luke was scared about, if Ashton fell asleep without it he could die. The blonde would most likely have an urge to text him every single night and remind him to not go to sleep without it. He's done it before when they were at the concert, and if Luke had of forgotten about it he most likely wouldn't be here.

Since Luke was leaving later that day, the boys decided it would be a good idea to spend the day together since it'd be their last chance for a while. The thought really upset them both, although they were trying to hold it together for one another. They weren't planning on doing much, just going out for breakfast and watching movies until the moving van arrived.

Ashton barely spoke all night, but Luke knew why and he understood. Luke was still angry at Liz for making him do this. Ashton really needed him, Luke didn't want to leave him on his own. Well, technically he wasn't. Him and Calum were on good terms, so at least he had someone. Luke was just worried what would happen to their relationship if he was gone long enough, what would happen to him.

The thought of not seeing Ashton everyday made Luke feel sick to his stomach. To say that Luke was going to miss him was an understatement, it seemed like so much more then that. Luke was cut out of his thoughts when Ashton mumbled before sleepily taking off his breathing mask and sitting it on the floor, then snuggled up against the blonde again. Honestly, there was nothing Luke loved more.

"You know, we should really make an Instagram account." Luke had a sudden thought, smiling at the idea where as Ashton just looked up at him in confusion.

"Why?"

"Because we're aesthetically pleasing." Luke said, kissing his boyfriend on the forehead.

Ashton scoffed. "Well, maybe you are."

"What do you mean? You're my aesthetic. You're ass is my aesthetic." Ashton giggled, playfully smacking Luke's arm and jumped when the blonde pinched his bum.

"It's not like you're actually gonna be here to take photos." There was a pause, Luke's smile dropping.

"I'm sorry, are you seriously mad at me right now?" Luke raised his voice, about to get out of the bed, only for Ashton to grab his arm.

"No, no I'm not mad- It came out wrong."

"How'd it come out wrong?"

"I just meant, like- how are we gonna have an Instagram account when you're not even gonna be here?" Ashton said, hoping to god he didn't say the wrong thing.

"It not always gonna be like this. We'll be together some day, or don't you believe that?"

"I do, I know we will. Please, I don't wanna fight. Not today." Luke's eyes softened, seeing the tears in the corner of Ashton's eyes and knew he was trying to keep it together. The blonde took his hand, lacing their fingers together while the glasses wearing boy calmed down. This was the last day and probably for a while, they were going to be able to spend time together like this. Ashton didn't want his emotions to screw it up.