Chapter 24

[the gif on the side/top is lashton later ;) ]

School wasn't the same without Michael. Ashton missed walking into school and seeing him and Calum waiting for him at his locker. Ashton and Calum used to be so close, but now they don't even go near each other. The curly-haired boy walked towards his locker, ignoring everyone's stares and grabbed out the books he needed before closing it again. Ashton squeezed his eyes shut, standing there for a moment until someone tapped him on the shoulder.

Ashton let out a breath of annoyance, turning around and blood ran cold when he saw who was standing in front of him. The boy smirked, remembering when Ashton had a broken leg and how he pushed him over. Suddenly, he grabbed Ashton by the wrist and started dragging him towards the exit. Ashton didn't know what to do, obviously he should call out for help but that may cause the guy to get angry. And Ashton knew what he was like when he was angry.

Luke hopped off the bus, walking towards the school entrance and bopping his head to the music he was listening to until something caught his attention. The blonde ripped out his ear buds and rushed towards the stairs to see someone pushing Ashton out the entrance doors.

"Leave him alone!" Luke shouted, earning Ashton to look his way and Luke ran faster when the guys fist collided with Ashton's cheek, earning him to trip, drop his books and tumble down the stairs. Luke's heart began to beat rapidly, seeing the boy land on the ground and let out a cry of pain. As soon as Luke got there, the guy ran away and Luke was so angry.

"Jesus christ, Ash.. Can you hear me?" Luke yelled, holding Ashton tight in his arms and the boy turned his head so Ashton was looking at him. Tears blurred Ashton's vision, not able to speak a coherent sentence because of the pain he was in. He didn't think anything was broken, however, he knew he was going to have a lot of bruises. He moved his hand up, caressing Luke's face and said softly,

"I'm sorry.." Luke shook his head, kissing Ashton's forehead.

"We need to get you to the nurse.. Fucking hell, why isn't anyone helping? Doesn't anyone give a shit at this school?"

"I'm fine,"

"You're not fine, you're not.." Luke gathered the few books that fell and gave them to Ashton to hold before picking him up bridal style, Ashton wrapping his arms around Luke's neck. Luke carried the boy to the nurses office and placed him on the bed while the lady took care of his injuries.

Luckily, all's he had was grazed arms and a few bruises on the side he landed on, but not bad since he was wearing a sweater and it protected him. This was the reason Luke loved sweaters now. After the nurse sanitised and bandaged his wounds, she was nice enough to let the Luke stay in here while Ashton rested. Of course Luke told the principal who pushed Ashton and he got 1 week suspension.

Luke didn't think that was enough, but at least it was something. Luke just really wanted to beat his ass into the ground for doing that to his boy- ex boyfriend. Luke sighed, remembering that they're not together anymore then raised an eyebrow when also remembering that Ashton said sorry for something.

"Why'd you say sorry?" Luke inquired and Ashton glanced at from where he was laying on the bed.

"I said sorry because.. I didn't mean to break up with you." Ashton said and then let out a small hiccup earning Luke to smile although what he said caught him off guard.

"Why did you then?"

"I- I thought I wanted space, but I didn't. I was caught up with everything I guess.. I love you. I never meant to hurt you, I hope you know that." Luke stood up, walking over to the bed and Ashton sat up so Luke could sit on there too. The blonde sat criss cross on the bed and pulled Ashton closer to him, resting his head in the crook of Ashton's neck, leaving chaste kisses. Luke pulled away, placing his hand on Ashton's neck.