Ch.63 Our Spring's In A ❄️Veil

Start from the beginning

"It's fine." Coach reassured, sighing a bit. "Continue to push. Miyuki and Fumiko, I want you to go one on one with the Middle Blocker if she does that broad jump again. The rest of you be on your toes, the Setter dumps whenever she has a chance. Stuff it in their throats or get a kill off of it--stick it back in their ass!"

The Coach was indeed annoyed of the Setter. Miyuki concluded that she might have more kills than Sakiko.

"Will do, Coach." Kairi nods before standing up. "This won't be like the Interhigh. I know for a fact because we're not choking anymore."

"Right on that!" Namika chimes in as everyone laughed. "Ya got this Hekima!" Miyuki exhales as she stands.

"Keep going, Miyuki." Aratani encouraged, seeing that her best friend is getting tired. Almost every point was a rally. The team has been doing synchronized attacks than usual and Fumiko is looking a bit tired but Kairi, Mai, and Namika scolded her in order for her to stay in it. "Sakusa would be proud of you playing your best."

Miyuki sighs as her eyelids lowered a bit. But fixed her posture to keep her head high.

Her icy blues clouds in anger and passion. When she stepped on the court in the back row, she jumped a little, getting fired up again as she stared straight the server.

Bring....IT

~~~

"Uunh!!"

The ball gets slammed down by Miyuki as she gives the Setter a quick glance after landing and turning around to her teammates who're stunned by the kill, hair whipping around her back. She pointed to Aratani who returned it and both clenched their fists.

Sakiko was stunned but clenched her jaw because she did realized that her Setter wasn't giving her the ball. As if she doesn't trust her to land the kill. It annoyed her as an Ace. That anger, she makes unnecessary movements on the court, to Gina's dismay.

"Bring it to me!!" Sakiko calls out as her Setter puts up a ball for her.

Easily, she gets a kill down the line, hitting Hekima's right forearm and out. She turns and made a gesture. "Let's go faster." She said, making eye-contact with her Setter, giving her a serious look she knows all to well. Gina enforced the mood for their Captain as everyone was back on their game now. 

"Gina! Take the 2nd contact!" Sakiko bursts as Gina nods, knowing that Sakiko is getting more restless as usual when Sakiko's fired up. Geba knew that each teammate is on board with the same mindset. Winning.

"Left!!" Sakiko calls out as Miyuki went up like always to spike. She did everything the same. Constantly to the end. Even if both shoulders are sore from swinging. Even if her stomach is sore from diving after every ball that touched someone. Even if her feet hurt from moving.

She put a lot of force, knowing full well that'll touch the Blocker's fingertips and out. But the linesman called it out. Coach Ichika stands up and furrowed her eyebrows. 

"Touch!!" The girls held out the touch signal as  Miyuki straightens up slowly and looked across the court to the ref who called over all linesmen to him. Kairi called for a huddle as Coach was pacing back and forth in front of the sideline. Very anxious to get this game over with.