bob scowled at both of them, "they wanted to go out together the same way they lived together. that make them douchebags?"

     "it does if they could have gotten out." daryl shot back, observing another shelf.

     the dark-skinned man trailed after them, "everybody makes it, till they don't. people nowadays are dominoes. what they did, maybe it's about not having to watch them fall."

     rosaline shot him a look. same with her boyfriend, "right."

     when they moved onto another room, quiet raspy breathing came out choked at their feet. another walker, this time fatter and stuck, causing it to be unable to move. daryl found no reason to put it down, so he moved on.

     the girl watched as bob put it down and out of its misery before they left to work on the car. daryl still had the pack of cigarettes on him so he offered some to the two. this time rosaline refused.

     as he messed with the older battery he tried to talk to bob, "you never told us about the group you were with before."

     he blew out some cigarette smoke, "which one?"

     "there were more than one?" rosaline piped up.

     bob nodded, "you know," his eyes trained on daryl, "when you found me out on that road, i almost kept walking."

     the redneck sighed, unscrewing distilled water and pouring it over the newer car battery, "why is that?"

     "cause i was done being a witness. two times. two different groups. i was the last one standing." he admitted, "like i was supposed to see it happen over and over like it's some kind of curse."

     the dixon took a long drag of the cigarette, bobbing his head seeming to understand the way he thought. he'd been that way once too.

     "but when it's just you out there with the quiet... used to be i'd drink a bottle of anything just so i could shut my eyes at night." bob finished, "figured the prison, the people, thought i'd be easier. the run to the big spot- i did it for me."

     daryl took a swig of the water, "gotta keep busy." then offered it to rosaline, who took it gently and gulped it down.

     suddenly bob said something that caught their attention, "no. i did it so i could get me a bottle. of anything. i picked it up. i held it in my hand, but i put it down. i put it down so hard it took the whole damn shelf with it."

     "what?" rosa sputtered out, glaring at him. her eyes flashed to that moment where she fell to the floor trying to help him and ended up with a walker on top of her.

     he dipped his head, "that's what brought on the walkers, and that's what got zach killed and you almost died trying to save me."

     daryl's eyebrows furrowed in anger, also remembering his girl struggling on the floor almost succumbing under the undead. then zach dying, "that's bullshit."

     bob remained silent.

     "my god." rosaline let out a breath.

     her boyfriend gestured to the car, trying to keep his cool, "why don't you get in there and try the engine? it's a red and a green wire. go on. it ain't rocket science."

     bob pushed off the wall, getting into the car's driver seat. the marksman told him what to do. rosaline whispered something to daryl, getting him to calm down.

     the engine started. the girl squeezed daryl's shoulder and he let out a whistle to michonne and tyreese who were sat outside the entrance of the building, talking amongst each other.