PART FOUR

The Martian plan had been foiled. Terrifying alien figures sitting atop the soil of mars watched in dismay as their drones sent to Earth were toppled and conquered. Their main control drone has been toppled by a simple radio wave, in the process cutting off power to every other subsequent pod across that damned blue planet. The vats of blood; precious fuel for the Martians in their ongoing quest for survival had been destroyed, soaking back into the planet now deemed unreachable for the beings of Mars. Their plan, like the one of their ancestors many rotations ago, had failed.

Across countries and seas Martian tripods shut down almost instantaneously, crashing down in a heap of scrap metal. A metal remnant of the horrors that had taken place the past few months. Governments moved in to clean up the wreckage as expected. Most pieces of evidence were thrown away, however some seemed to vanish through the gaps of paperwork, meeting the hands of the highest bidder.

As the world tends to do, they slowly began to rebuild. Life moved on as lives slowly and surely returned to normal.

No one seemed to speak of the invasion much. It survived only in whispers and stolen looks. It seemed for the most part, the human race were willing to dig their head in the sand and pretend as if nothing had happened.

And just as it seemed relatively safe to leaves ones house again, once children were back in the street and laughter had begun to return... the Germans dropped their bombs and the world was once more at war.