7

Alejandro insisted that Camila first must finish up the school year; which fortunately, there were only two weeks left, before Camila went North. She respectfully agreed with him although there was no use to schooling anyways after her journey for she would most likely have to go into hiding for the rest of her lifetime. But she accepted the consequences and decided that she would run away with her new friend, Alejandro.

So, after a week of stressful late night studying, and a week of stressful testing, Camila had completed school. Originally, Camila had planned to just run away without making up a story, but she believed that this would make others suspicious so she told the teachers and some classmates that she would be moving in with her grandfather in a different Section and attend to a school for the gifted. Of course this was believable. She then told her mother the same lie. Her mother believed this and praised Camila for being extremely intelligent.

When Austin heard about her lie he was disappointed. He shook his head whenever Camila and him made eye contact. Camila felt bad. She wanted Austin to come along with her but he was to caught up in training and his crush had acted as a barrier between the two. Camila did not want it to be awkward between them, but sadly, it was.

Camila embraced her mother in a warm hug. Tears trickled down Camila's cheeks. Her mother assured her that this was only temporary and Camila would return home next year. Camila continued to cry though, because this was not true. Camila would probably never see her mother again.

Alejandro took Camila to the outskirts of her Section of 605. He handed her a gigantic map of the streets of all of the West Tychromia Sections. He made her pack all her coats and such in a suitcase and the rest of her belongings in her backpack. He recommended that she should stay with the original lie if anyone were to ask.

At the subway station, he hugged her tightly. He ended up crying first. While in his embrace, Camila heard him murmur an "I love you so much." Camila thought that this was rather odd coming from a middle aged man but she gave him the benefit of the doubt and believed that this just meant that he cared about his friend very much. She let go.

"Good luck, Dear."
"Thank you."