1

Camila Cabello tugged at the hem of her metallic blazer. Just as she does every day. It became a habit after a while, but the reason being was unknown. Her gaze returned to her friend's hazel eyes. She often got lost in other's eyes. It was yet another habit she had developed throughout the years.

 Meanwhile, he was going on about how he could not believe that he had aced his physical exam; where he was tested on his speed and agility. Camila congratulated him. "Great job, Austin!" She smiled as he continued to explain how good this will look on his résumé when he is in search for a career of crime-fighting; because like Camila, he was also very big on obeying the rules.

After conversing, the two sat back and began relaxing in silence while sitting on, what was known as 'their bench'. It had claimed this title after they first met at the same spot, four years back. Two years ago, during their so called 'rebel phase', they engraved a minute 'A' and 'C'. They had broken a law, vandalism was illegal, but thankfully they did not get caught and that would have been the last and only offense.

However, their quiet, after-school relaxation routine had been rudely interrupted by the repulsive stench that followed a man who had just strolled by. The smell of sweat and other unhygenic bodily scents explored Camila's nostrils, it made her eyes water. She winced and pinched her nose while directing a glare at the man. She gasped. This man's silver aluminum-like blazer and pants had been tattered and soaking wet. This was against the rules. In her mind she recited Rule 67; "Clothing is required to be clean and crisp at all times." She knew that this man's unfortunate current condition was not due to being homeless or poor, because, the government funded housing and even provided clothing for free. So what could possibly be wrong with this stranger?

She alerted Austin of this man. He shook his head in disgust and continued to daze off into his own daydream.

Somehow, this stranger noticed that Camila was glaring at him. He waved his hands and motioned her to approach him. She shook her head. Moment after her rejecting his invitation, he instead, approached her. Camila's heart started racing. No one else was in the park at this time. It was just the man, Austin, and herself. She did not know what else to do. She bagan forming a series of speculations. This man could kidnap her, hurt her, or even kill her. Fighting back was not enforced, for that was the Crime-Controller's job. She huddled closer to Austin and closed her eyes, waiting for pain to be lashed upon her.

He sighed and apologized for his state. She opened one eye. His face up close was tired looking and filled with sorrow. She nodded, politely telling him to continue.

"Ma'am," he glanced at Austin and added, "Sir, can I ask you guys a question?" They nodded in unison. He smiled. "Are you content with the current state of society?"

They turned their heads to face each other and nodded.

"Are you sure?" He urged, unhappy with the response he received.

Again, they nodded.

"Children, the world is now in your generation's hands. The government is dictating us. By the time you are my age, the government will be telling you what to do at exactly 10:38 A.M. sharp." He chuckled at his own dry joke.

They two were intrigued by his point, but did not agree. They motioned him to go on.

"The government is hiding something from you, from me, from everyone. They are hiding something huge."

Camila abruptly stopped him. "Mister, President Hansen is a good woman, she would never lie to her people."

He scoffed. "You mean 'Dictator Dinah'?"

Camila gasped. "President Hansen. In no way is she a dictator of any sort." She cockily declared.
The man shook his head. He then said, "If you are interested, I will have more information tomorrow at this time, this spot." He bided 'goodbye' and walked away.

Camila knew that this was not a good idea, listening to a Rebel. But she was very curious of what he had to say. She mentally made a note of the plan. Tomorrow, this time, this place.