Past Feelings

Chapter No.44

Archer's POV:

This has been one of the craziest days that I've ever seen. Imagine, that I never knew that my brother loved someone and my fiancé knew about her but never bothered to share with me. Now, imagine that she turns out that she's alive and living her life but doesn't remember Christian at all. His reaction was really weird. He never ever resorted to violence but this was the first time I ever saw him punch someone.

It only stopped because the girl fainted. He wanted to go with them but was held back by Eve who already knew about this situation. Upon, hearing the backstory it kind of stung that I as the older brother thought I knew everything about my siblings but they didn't feel comfortable sharing their sadness or feelings with me.

I sigh watching outside the window of the guest room that I and Eve are staying in Mark's villa. Mark and Lyra are set to be married in 3 months. So Eve and Chris decided to come earlier and I'd join here since I had a meeting scheduled. To lend a hand in the preparations.

"Hot white choco?" I hear Eve from behind me.

I turn around and take it from her without saying anything, "Archer, I'm so sorry... I should've told you... But seeing Chris so mentally disturbed I just never got the right moment to tell you... I'm really sorry."

I feel like an asshole so I look into her to let her know that I don't blame her, not one bit just feel a bit depressed that my brother couldn't confide in his own brother, "Pretty girl, I don't blame you... Not one bit." I kiss her forehead.

"Please don't be angry with Chris, either... He's been in pain all this time. Now, knowing that his love and life is alive but with amnesia I-I really don't want to imagine what he's going through right now." I can see the tears in her eyes.

Putting the mug on the window sill, I pull her into a hug and gently caress her hair till I know she's calmed down. I know she's really disturbed by all this as well. As much as we all are now.

"Chris only didn't tell you guys because you were going through a really difficult phase with everything going as well. He didn't want to increase in the hardships. There was no reason to do so. As we all had assumed she had already passed away. If he even a bit of a clue that she's alive he'd involved the entire family to find her." Eve explains pulling back a bit, tilting her head back so that she can face me.

I nodded understanding what she means by this. At that moment we hear a knock, I look ahead to see its Christian, "Bro, can I talk to you?"

"You boys talk, I'm going to see if Mark needs my help." With that Eve leaves us.

"Take a seat, Chris," I say as I make myself comfortable on the couch.

He nods and takes a seat opposite me, "I fell in love with Alice, when I didn't even know the meaning of love..." He becomes quiet and it's then I see the pain in his eyes, the pain that he hid from us all this time.

"That girl didn't even know I even existed." He laughs but it doesn't reach his eyes and now I since my Eve understand his pain.

"She captured me with her innocence. She was the only girl who didn't want me for my wealth, for my looks, hell for anything. I was almost ready to beg her for her attention. But then I found out that she has a passion for books. For her, I started reading so that I could communicate with her and it worked wonders for me. Ironically, the first time we met was because I was looking for the same book as she was, and trust me, bro, it was completely coincidental." This time when he smiles it reaches his eyes and this is the happiest I've seen him in a long time.