Can You Please Leave?

The song and singer for this chapter are as follows:-

Song Name: Adam's Song

Singer Name: Blink-182

Cover By: First To Eleven

Without further ado here is another chapter of LOVE WILL CONQUER!

HAPPY READING!

*********

Chapter No.10

Evelyn's POV:

After a week of rest, I was finally allowed to take Ron to the park today on returning I saw a very astonishing scene Mommy was hugging Mrs. Theodore tightly and by the looks of it, Mr. Theodore somehow resisted the urge to cry.

"Sissy, what's wrong?" Ron asks me.

They all turn towards us but I answer Ron, "Don't know little guy but how about you go to your room and play? Remember I'll take you grocery shopping later."

He nods enthusiastically and runs upstairs to his room. I look at the people in the room in question, "Mommy what's wrong?"

I finally ask, she looks troubled on how to answer when Mr. Theodore answers for her, "Your father was a close friend of mine since high school, Evelyn... We know Saira from long back."

My eyes widen, and I shake my head in negative, "I-I don't care if you know Daddy! Just don't ask unnecessary questions! I don't care how you came to know we're here but I'll have to ask you to leave!"

They all look at me surprised, "Evelyn! Is that any way to talk to your elders? Apologize!" Mommy raises her voice.

I shake my head, "NO! Please just leave... I finally have a place to call home... I don't want people of the past coming here... Nothing ever good happens from it... Please just leave!" My own voice surprises me it's not me, its the scared little girl who was only 9 and a half when she lost everything.

"Evelyn dear, we're not here to hurt you or anything of the sort... We just want to know what happened? Ashton just disappeared... We only want to know why and what happened to him..." Mrs. Theodore says.

My mind is on another phase, "I, please can you all leave? When people care is when I've been hurt the most! I don't need pity, compassion, or anything! Just let me live in peace just this once!"

I didn't know I raised my voice to the point Ron came to my side, "Sissy? Why are are you shouting? Are they bad people? I'll protect you like you always do for us."

"Evelyn what has gotten into you, they're people I and your father both trust. They'd never want to harm us..." I cut my mother off, "Exactly why you were in a coma for 6 months, I almost lost Ron twice! Because of you and Daddy trust people! It's that trust that robbed me of my happiness and family! I feel like a stranger in my own house! You're defending people you haven't met for at least 8 or 9 years! And now suddenly they want to know about Dad? Fine, do whatever you want."

I turn towards my brother who's glaring at the people who came uninvited in our house, "Ron I think I'll take you shopping now... What do you say?"

He immediately nods, "Lee! That's awesome! Can we stop by the mall too?"

I smile at his words, "Of course, Little guy." I take my keys and slam the door behind me.

It was this same trust that ruined us in the first place. But no need to worry. If they try anything I'll make them pay 10 times the price.