Like Sister, Like Brother

Remember to Vote + Comment = Voment! The song and singer for this chapter are as follows:-

Song Name: Princesses Don't Cry
Singer Name: CARYS

Without further ado here is another chapter of LOVE WILL CONQUER!

💜HAPPY READING💜
⚜️⚜️⚜️

Chapter No.22

Evelyn's POV:

"That's when I lost it, Lee. How dare they insult Charlie like that! Hmph! They got less than they deserved. Lee, I will never do anything if they said that about me but they targeted Charlie! It's unacceptable." Ron says.

Now, I understand what underwent, I hug her little figure to me and hug Ron as well mindful of his injury, then put Charlotte down beside Ron, "Okay, you two, I understand what happened. I promise to deal with it. Also, Lotte, mark my words. Your Daddy loves you beyond anything and anyone. He'll only settle down only if he sees that the one he desires loves more than herself."

"Really?" She asks.

I giggle, "100% cutie pie! Now, will you smile for me?"

She nods and a smile graces her I turn my head to Ron, "Now will you tell me who did this to you?"

"Miss. Stevens... The witch pulled me away so harshly that her nails left scratches... Miss Hailey saw it and had me taken to the infirmary." Ron scoffs.

I look at him first shocked than my features contort to anger. Seeing, that he was even slapped and the mark was definitely of an adult's hand. At that moment I hear shouting in the office which I left. I get up and walk towards Miss. Hailey, "Miss. Hailey. Don't let these kids out unless I or Archer come to get them."

She barely nods before I walk out and speed-walk into the office, "Ah yes, this is Miss. Colton. Cameron Colton's guardian. These are..." I don't let her finish when I roughly grab her arm and pull her out of her seat, "You think since you're in the administration. You can bully kids? My brother was absolutely right in hitting the kids and you dared to raise your dirty hand on him? Do you think it's funny to do this? You think that just because he belongs to some middle-class family you can do whatever you want to?"

She jerks her arm away from me, "Like brother, like sister. You really are a low-class slut. My son should've beaten that boy." The mother of the kid says.

I turn to face them with full rage, no one and I mean no one can insult me or my brother and gets away with it, "Y-You're t-the CEO of-f..." The man is cut off by his wife, "I'll have that rotten son of a bastard expelled and make sure that he can never..." But before she can continue the husband slaps his wife and hard.

She falls to the ground literally with a crash considering she was wearing 6-inch heels, "Mind your language, Mira! The person standing in front of you can ruin your entire business and turn it into a pile of rubble. She is the CEO of Dream Palace. We can't even be considered in the same league as her..." He then turns towards me, and bows his head, "I truly apologize Ms. Colton... I didn't know it was you... I sincerely apologize on behalf of my wife and son."

I know I've seen him somewhere then it clicks, "Ah! Mr. Greene. It's been some time I've met you. Considering, we've done business I'll let you off. But please have some manners taught to your wife. The words she used are well not words women of the class would ever use. I'm surprised, knowing they're your wife and son." The venom in my voice is clear.

"I sincerely and truly apologize... I-I'll teach my son some manners... And I'm taking him out of this school... Please, Miss. Colton... Let bygones be bygones." He says sweating like a pig.

I would laugh if I wasn't so angry at the moment, "I'll only consider if your wife apologizes to my brother in front of me. Also, please wait outside, for me. I won't be a moment." They fearfully nod and leave.

I turn back to the shaking woman, "By the time I'm done with you Johanna, you'll wish you never crossed me!" I spit-out venomously.

I leave and have them trail behind me like lanky, and the moment I enter I see Archer has already arrived. Mr. Greene pushes his wife forward. Ron and Lotte look at me and I only smile at them, "Now, only if my brother and my sweetheart forgive you, for your son's behavior I'll consider our deal that we already signed a few months back."

My voice cold as ice has even my brother's eyes widen in shock, without wasting another moment both of them apologize to them both. It was actually funny seeing this scenario. When Ron accepts their apology, I nod at them and they leave.

"Now, is everything resolved? See, didn't I say leave up to me?" I smile at both the kids.

"Evie... You looked really scary just now." Lotte says in a small voice.

I laugh, "Sorry, Lotte if I scared you sweetie pie, but they are people I'd rather have not to deal with again. And besides, they crossed the line with me. I'm not very forgiving to people who cross the lines with me."

"Will you act like this i-if I e-ever c-cross you?" She stutters and it pulls at my heart when she does that.

I shake my head, "Of course, not Charlotte. I will always try to understand you before deciding to have explained why was it wrong. But never will I raise my voice on you. Or even be angry. Those are some things I just don't know with you and Ron."

With that both the kids hug me and I hug them back as well.

"Now, who's up for ice-cream?" I say getting up.

Both of the kids raise their hands and I tell them to go to my car, I was about to leave the room when Archer stops me catching my hand, "Eve..." I cut him off, "Don't bother. Also, I'll drop Charlotte in the evening. I'll be taking her with me Ron to the office. You don't even have time for your own daughter." With that, I shake his hand off my arm and leave.

Archer's POV:

"Well Archer, you really messed up this time. That's for sure. In the hopes of standing where your father has you literally messed up some very important relationships and judging by the long look you're giving towards her. I'd say that girl is important to you." Hailey says.

Hailey is actually my aunt but since our age difference is only 4 years she's more of a friend to me, and damn it she's right... Reluctantly I nod. It's the truth, after school and this whole mess they bothered calling Eve and not me... How much more proof do I need. She's younger than me but she has more place in Charlotte's heart than me, why? Because my goals are more important than my family.

I promised Eve, I would never let her feel alone but after that, all I cared about was work nothing less, nothing more. Mom tried to warn me but I was being ignorant. And thought everything will fall in place. It won't if I keep being a jerk to her.

I head back to work since I can't do much anyway. Returning home I was surprised to see Eve here even though it was past 8, "Oh Archer dear, you're home. Evelyn sweetheart is staying for dinner. Your grandma and I forcefully convinced her." Mom says coming towards me.

She hugs and I return her hug, "Mom I'm gonna go freshen up."

"Okay, son. Then come downstairs. Today, Evelyn dear made your favorite, mac and cheese and spicy Buffalo wings and desert which I wasn't allowed to even peek. Bella and she made the dessert." Mom giggles at the end.

I sigh but nod and climb the stairs and to my room. Taking a quick shower I go into my walk-in closet and choose a plain full sleeve black shirt and match it worn jeans. Changing into my clothes I step out to see Eve already sitting on my bed. Yup, I thoroughly surprised.

"Archer... Do you at least have some time now?" She starts.

I immediately nod, "Good. Come sit beside me."

I sit on the and Eve sits in front of me, cross-legged she looks adorable but her serious face tells me I'm in for a lot, "Archer... I have some questions for you."