Act Of Comfort

Remember to Vote + Comment = Voment! Song and singer for this chapter are as follows. Let me know what you'll think about this chapter in the comments section below!

Song Name The Kill (Bury Me)
Singer Name: 30 Seconds To Mars
Cover By: First To Eleven

Without further ado here is another chapter of LOVE WILL CONQUER!

💜HAPPY READING💜
⚜️⚜️⚜️

Chapter No.26

Evelyn's POV:

I know what I did was utterly horrible but my hands are really tied. And I need to do whatever it takes to protect the ones I love. Now is not the time to fall in love when everyone around me is in utter danger. By doing this I know I've now officially lost the trust and love of the Theodores but it's worth it.

The next day only Ly and Mark come to visit with Ron. They all told me that for some reason no one was willing to visit but it was completely understandable. But on the plus side, Mommy's recovering and in better shape than before.

Sitting on the bench in the garden 4 days later I decide to do what I should've done some time back, Mark comes and sits beside me, "What's on your mind, little bro?"

I chuckle at his even now ridiculous nickname, "Mark I have decided to re-open the case that was buried all those years ago. I've had enough."

He looks shocked, "Eve... You do know the effect it'll have on our business don't you?"

"I do... That's why I need all of you with me more now than ever before."

"I had a feeling you'll say this. Don't worry. I've talked to Uncle Bernard and Aunt Celia they'll back you. You have my family's support as well. But many investors are starting to withdraw their investment. So you'll have to be prepared for the backlash... We can't guarantee that the Theodores or the Anderson and James will support us... There's a high chance that their board will ask for immediate withdrawal as well." He explains.

I nod, "It's understandable, Mark. But I won't be trapped in my past, not anymore. It almost took my mother from me, Mark. I've had enough."

He pats me on the shoulder and hugs me, I return it as well, "Hey! Don't leave me out on a hug!" Ly says coming in our direction and we both laugh.

**********

It's now officially 1 year and 6 months since the case was reopened and justice was delivered. They never expected me to have such powerful backing. The Stans' and Alonso's' are a force to be feared. As expected we lost all investment on Dream Palace and quite literally had to start from the bottom. But the upside to it is that our customers didn't abandon us and even though many sought to destroy us but utterly failed.

Completing high school wasn't the easiest... The kids started bullying me and since Mark and Ly had to return to take hold of our branches it wasn't the easiest dealing with them. But I kept it up. Yeah if you're wondering about the others. They weren't so friendly since my complete rejection but I knew what was coming so didn't bother apologizing.

The funny thing is that a few days later Archer started dating Xia all over again. If I still had a little hope in my heart that maybe I could make amends it was totally crushed. But now at least Dream Palace is back on its feet and in better condition than ever.

Right now I'm wondering why the hell I allowed myself on agreeing on letting Ly do my hair and make-up. I really wanna die right now. Its 3 hours and I want to sleep!