Chapter 8 - Mission

"Hyunjin, take him and put him in the car, we have to head over before he wakes up."

"Yes boss. But didn't you want him dead? Why-" Hyunjin is interrupted by his boss before he completes his sentence.

As always Hyunjin is curious about his bosses. Unlike the others, he for some reason holds a high amount of responsibility, not because he has it, but because he is royal to his bosses. That is because unlike the other mafia bosses, they are different. Even though they don't say everything to each other, they share some superficial details with the people who work under them. Even if it's a mere soldier, they don't treat anyone like a slave.

"Hyunjin, i don't have time to answer all your questions. Of course we don't want him dead. So better leave fast. No one can know we came here, we can't leave a trace." the boss says in a seemingly calm voice even though he has a lot on his shoulders. But does that mean he is a gem? A mafia is a mafia, it doesn't matter if they are nice or not, because they all share one thing in common. They live for money.

Hyunjin takes the man and puts him in his car. He loosens the cloth with which he had been tied previously. He then takes some rope and ties the man with it tightly.

The boss gets into the car and Hyunjin scurries to his boss's car and opens the door for him. The driver has been waiting for his boss and once he hops in, they speed off in a second.

Hyunjin quickly hops into the driver seat of the car where he just tied the man in the back seat and he also leaves the place following his boss's car. And they have gone without a trace, without a hullabaloo.

____________________________________________

"Well done. Hoseok. It's another work of perfection from your side. If you keep working tirelessly this way, in no matter of time you will become a part of our family." the boss commends Hoseok after they are back at their place after the successful completion of the mission. Jackson's mouth is agape in shock. He can't process what his boss just said. After all it was him who wants to join their family and enjoy all the luxuries, not the man who is actually taking care of the things he should be taking care of.

"But boss-" Jackson starts but his boss cuts him off. His boss is clearly irritated by him not being able to do anything properly without screwing up.

He knows if he had asked Hoseok to accompany him, then it just means it was hoseok who dealt with the situation and not him.

"Anything else?" Chanyeol asks them.

"He asked me about the deal we struck with Lucas." Jackson breathes out, because he knows how significant it is.

"What?" his boss's voice comes as a shrill and he slams the desk with his fists in pure rage.

____________________________________________

𝘓𝘰𝘤𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 : 𝘓𝘶𝘤𝘢𝘴'𝘴 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘲𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴.

"So Jeon, what brings you here?, have anything special for me?" Lucas asks Jungkook who is sitting across from him.

Jungkook simply stares at him without saying anything. He whispers something into Jimin's ears and Jimin immediately nods and takes a briefcase.

"Here you go. Trash load of cash. Don't forget what you promised. We trust you." with that Jungkook takes off followed by Jimin.

Lucas smirks to himself as he watches them leave his place.

"Haha, talk about trust." Lucas says to himself and grits his teeth and takes the briefcase and leaves to his room.

____________________________________________

𝘓𝘰𝘤𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 : 𝘠/𝘯'𝘴 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦

"Boss, this seems like a pretty risky job. Do we really have to do this?" Y/n asks her boss in their meeting which apparently is for discussing their plans on the infiltration.

"Do you think you can just get away by saying that. As i said , it's urgent. We can't bring anyone all the way here to Seoul. Stop talking now, and listen to me first." her boss says and they both listen intently to what he has to say.

"Got it? Any more questions?" the boss asks them after briefing on what they should do as a part of the plan.

"Uh boss...I think-" her boss cuts her off.

"Regarding the plan."

"Nothing sir." they both say in unison.

"Keep what i said in mind. This is important. Be careful, cautious, alert and most importantly very shrewd. Don't be played. Or you will have to risk your life."

"Y-yes boss. Understood." Y/n says and Nancy simply nods.

"Alright girls, good luck on your mission especially Y/n. We can't be in touch often. So don't think you can contact me often to update me. Everything has been discussed ,it is in your hands to pull it off. " the boss says and cuts the line.

Y/n sighs and removes the sim from her phone and destroys it.

"Y/n, be careful. Be calm and let's hope it will work fine." Nancy says to her friend.

They both pack all their things and take some cash and leave the apartment locked and part ways.

They hug each other and with some words of encouragement, they are ready to embark their journey here, a new adventure, a road which they have to take without knowing its destination, a path that is not going to be easy, more intricate than their previous ones.

They stepped in, now there is no turning back.