Ch 6 - No regrets

Yesterday night when I heard the news Nancy broke to me I was quite baffled and it was definitely a bolt from the blue. I honestly didn't expect him to be associated with a mafia. He seemed pretty nice to me. A person belonging to mafias can't certainly go on dates. I mean after all they will be only man whores. They won't have anything to do with anyone unless they get some financial benefit from them. But there are exceptions everywhere. So I guess Taehyung is one.

Even though I'm mad at Nancy for setting me up with a guy who is an associate of mafia, I still won't regret the night and especially the kiss. His soft lips, sharp jawline, dark orbs everything about him was amazing. He was not just beautiful but he has a nice character. Even if I just used this date so as to get relieved from the work pressure and stress, I can't say everything he did was fake. At least it didn't seem like it to me.

I'm here at a local hospital. Nancy would have brought me here after I fainted in her arms. We just came here for vacation which I know is no longer for that, because I have to resume my work here soon. We have to, actually. Nancy and I aren't just best friends. She is my fellow worker. I'm glad I have her. She's been through with me in all good and bad times. I look at her sleeping form. She is sleeping on the couch. Luckily she got us a private room even if it's for a night. She must have found it difficult to take me all the way here just by herself.

"Miss Y/n" the nurse calls me. I look at her sighing. Nancy wakes up on cue and looks at the nurse.

"The doc is calling Y/n"

"We will be there in a minute."she says and the nurse leaves.

"Y/n let's go."

We both take off and make our way to the consulting room. We slightly knock the door and the doctor motions us to come in.

"Please a seat"

"So miss y/n, you have any idea why you fainted?"

"No doctor. Is there anything serious?" I ask him. I know the answer myself. I don't faint like this generally. Was I really that shook finding something about a man I just met.

"No no, you are absolutely fine. Really nothing to worry about. Fainting is very common. People faint due to anxiety, fear, emotional stress etc.... is anything stressing you out?"

"No doc. I'm alright really. I haven't fainted like this before."

"Maybe work stress. Don't strain too much. I'll just write some medicines for stamina. If you faint again or if you happen to get a headache or something please visit us." he scribbles something on the paper and extends his hand. Before I could get it from him Nancy does.

"If you have any doubts, or anything to ask, you can," he says.

"No doctor. So can we take your leave?"

"Sure. pay the bill and get the medicine from the dispensary. Just give the paper to them, they'll give you the medicine."

"Ok thank you sir" we both say and take off. He smiles and gives a polite nod and resumes to his scribbling.

-----------

"I wonder how doctors work 24/7"

"What do you mean"

"I mean, having to see patients all day, scribbling different things, different times..."

"What ?" she scoffs not understanding what i meant by scribbling.

"I mean, prescribing different medicines to different people."

"Geez , of course they would. How can you prescribe the same medicine to everyone. Each one has their own problem, so they diagnose the patients and give them the appropriate medicines after testing. You want them to kill everyone don't ya?"