Chapter Tweenty Two

Nicollete

2 years later

“You should give yourself a break” napa-angat ako ng tingin, it’s Dad. I smiled and stood

“What brought you here?” he already retired months ago and they decided to manage our own resort in Palawan. I am happy that he and Mom decided to be friends, Mom looks happy and Dad looks contented, maybe sometimes when there is nothing left but friendship it is more serene that way

“I just visit my beloved eldest daughter” Dad chuckled and hug me back, he is somewhere sad about him and Hannah but can’t blame my half-sister though but I wish well for my Dad.

“Ilibre mo naman ako” lambing ko sa kanya. He laugh and messed up my hair,

“You’re really a spoiled brat to me, but I can’t treat you now susunduin ko pa ang Mommy mo here…” he handed me black envelop printed with gold letters. I quirked my one brow.

“It’s an invitation for me, it’s a charity masquerade ball for battered women” he continued

“Bakit di ka makapunta?”

“Aantukin lang ako dun, ipapadala ko lang ang donations ko it will be next week wag mong kalimutan okay?” I rolled my eyes

“Okay”

“Be home early, we want to eat dinner with you”

“Dad, I’m busy”

“Nicollete…” he is about to protest

“Dad the first person I expect to understand my line of profession is you” I stated in a matter of fact tone.

He heave a deep sigh,
“Okay, but try alright? We miss you” I nodded and he give me a hug before he left.

***

If I hadn’t promised my father to be here I wouldn’t dare to set foot in this hotel. Bakit kasi sa dinami-dami ng branch ng H.A ay dito pa talaga ginanap ang party. Where my memories are vivid.

Because it’s a masquerade nahihirapan akong kilalanin ang mga tao at medyo late na akong dumating kaya marami na rin ang mga tao na dumalo.

I couldn’t tell who’s who but I can tell that most people around are rich, socialites, high profile or elites. The way they move, they dress, they talk are needless to say.

“Can I dance to the very beautiful lady?” A man in a suit looks dignified and good-looking even half of his face are covered by a black mask. I smiled an about to accept his hand when a hand sneak in my waist possessively pulling me close to a hard body while a hot breathe crept in my nape. I immediately turn my head to see who the heck have the audacity to touch me intimately when my lips met the man’s lips and a familiar feelings suddenly appear in my system, like it was always there.
It was just a short kiss but it bring down shivers to my spine.

“What the fuck?!” I half-shouted and meet his eyes.

“I just can’t stand there and watch you being taken away from me” he said possessively and let go of me abruptly.

I was left there dumb-founded for a moment, I don’t want to conclude that it was Berrde, it should not him! I tried to balance myself because I feel my strength was slowly slipping away from me. I immediately took a glass of wine from the waitress that passes by.

I tried to calm down myself until I reach again for another glass of wine. I tried to look for that man in the sea of people but I couldn’t find him.

“Looking for someone?” I halted my steps as I hear the familiar voice behind me.

“Seb…” I turn and smiled at him

“Damn! You look so fucking sexy tonight Nicollete!” I rolled my eyes at him, he was holding a wine glass too.

“You want to grab more drinks?” aya nito bigla sa akin, well it’s not bad, after all I need a lot of it from what happened tonight.

Seb and I drinks like we have a spare livers, mukha din itong may pinagdadaanan, we choose to stay away from the party, instead we choose to drink at the hotel bar. Di na rin kami nag-abalang tanggalin ang mask namin kahit nakatawag kami ng pansin.

The night was still young peru lasing na ako,

“I need to book a ride…” I’m too drunk to drive hinahanap ko cellphone ko sa purse ko peru nahulog lang ito,

“Shit!” I muttered a curse after curse, then someone pick it up for me I supposed to thank the person when I was baffled of the sight of the man who kissed me awhile ago.

“It’s you…”

“Yeah it’s me” he said seriously and his eyes trailed to Sebastian. There is no words came out from his mouth but I was more surprise because he lift me like I was a bag of rice on his shoulder.

“Put me down!” I shouted as I struggled to get off from him but he seems adamant of bringing me somewhere.

“Fucking asshole!” I said and suddenly stop from my struggle because I feel that I was about to throw up!

I don’t know where we are until my stiletto landed on the ground.

The resonance sound of my hand slap hard to his cheek echoed in the air,

“Who the fuck are you!?” I shouted loud,
Instead of answering my question he suddenly pin my two hands above my head as his lips crush mine harshly,

His lips taste punitive and possessive at the same time, I gnash my teeth to avoid the assault of his tongue inside my mouth! But the bastard suddenly pressed his hard body to mine and his other hand cup and squeeze my one breast earning a loud gasp from me giving him the opportunity to enter his tongue inside my mouth.
His kisses travelled down to my neck leaving my mouth freely,

“Stop…please…”I almost begged, I don’t have any strength to stop him from what he is doing, and my body is reacting like a fire that is burning hot inside ready to burst the flame, and I’m afraid I can’t hold it any longer.

“You can’t stop me from owning you this time vixen it’s been too long already”