Chapter Fifteen

Nicollete

“Clay do you happened to know this princess?”
He raised his head to look at me,

“What’s’ with the sudden fuss?” his face looks curious, I shrugged my shoulders nonchalantly to hide my true intentions.

I don’t know why but Sahjid lingers in my head, days passed and he still didn’t contact me. Is he somewhat mad? May ginawa ba ako na ikinagalit niya? He refused to see me also, he did not answered all my text and calls.

“Curious?” Clay added

“You are the curious one” I stated and he smirk

“You know what you can ask me anything” his voice tell me that he knows something that I don’t.

It’s time for me to raise my one brow

“Out of my condo now Clay!” and he laugh

“I’m your valuable possession now because I…” he pointed himself

“…knows everything” he proudly said.

“So you are lurking around for gossips now Clieffourd del Pierro?” maging myembro na ba ito sa kilusan ni Finn Rivas?

“Well as you can see Nicollete, the Old Master of the Sahjid’s choose a princess who happened to be crazy and bitch for Berrde”

“What?!!! He doesn’t deserve it!!!” bulalas ko

“So who do you think Sahjid deserve Nicollete?” Clay ask me with all seriousness

“I….” and there is no one comes in my mind,

“You should know what you really want Nicollete, who you really want or who you really are” Clay said before he stands and went to the kitchen.

I inhaled deeply,

What could I possibly want?

Who really I want?

Who I am?

If this questions have been asked before I can easily answered it with a blink of an eye but now I am very confused.

***

My mind is not in the right state and daming tanong na gumugulo sa isip ko na di ko alam kailan nagsimula, until I found myself driving to my way home. Mayette opened the gate for me.

“Si Mom?”

“Nasa taas po Ma’am” I nodded and handed pizza for her and Yaya.

Nang mapansin ko ang isang kotse na naka-park ay lumingon ako kay Mayette.

“His home?”

“Last week pa po?”  she answered and I nodded.

I made my way to Mom’s room and found her there sitting on her own lanai.

I kiss her cheek and she smiled at me.

“Bihira mo na lang ako bisitahin anak” she said, I studied her, she’s really beautiful and elegant many people said that I happened to get fifty-fifty features from my parents.

“I’m sorry Mom, umuwi na pala si Dad” my mother nodded and smiled at me. My father is a lower court judge, he wanted me to follow his footsteps but I wanted to be a corporate lawyer.

“You already talked to him?” she asked and I shake my head.

There is a long silence between me and her, she gracefully put back her tea cup and look far again.

“Are you mad to your Dad Nicollete?” she asked without looking at me his gaze looks so far.

“Mom…I….” then she smiled sadly

“Your father and your Ninang Tess are childhood lovers you don’t know that, do you?”

“Mom…” I tried to stop her, I don’t want to hurt her more she gone through a lot already.

“It’s okay, don’t worry about me I should tell you about this so that you will understand I’m already tired about this, we’re already old and you are old enough to understand too anak” she pause and look at me before she continue, her eyes glistened for the tears that he tried to hold back.

“ I love your father so much Nicollete, the day I laid my eyes on him is the day that I made a promise that it’s him or no one else, he also made it clear that it’s only your Ninang Tess, but as you can see, I am desperate so I seduce him not because I want him I just want a little glimpse of him, I just want something from him and that is you Nicollete, I know it’s wrong but I’m just inlove and I know that I can well provide you, but things doesn’t work the way I planned, when your Dad found out that I’m pregnant he broke up with your Ninang Tess, I begged him not to do it because I’m fine, I kneel to your Ninang Tess for forgiveness I just want a kid from him and that’s all, everything is chaotic and out of control until my parents decided our marriage. I’m sorry Nicollete, but I want you to know that you are my happiest and my best gift”
I saw how her tears rolled down from her cheeks and I give her my hug,

“It’s okay Mom, it’s okay I know love is a complicated thing” I console her

She let go and cup my face lovingly

“Don’t feel any animosity towards your father Nicollete he tried his best to be a better person for you, and he is the happiest man when he first held you in his arms” I tried to stop my tears but I failed I wipe it and nodded my head.

“I just want you to be fine Mom, I just want you to be happy”

“Whenever I look at you I am already fine, I am already very happy my baby”

Mom decided to rest, so I decided to see to my father I knock to the mahogany door of his library.

“Come in” I heard his authoritative voice

“Dad”

He stop what he been reading and took off his reading glass.

“I just want to see you, you looks fine” I awkwardly said and I was about to leave when he spoke

“Have a sit, let’s take coffee first before you leave” Di ako agad gumalaw I was standing looking at him

“Should I say please?” he added and I walk towards the sofa, before he stood from his table he called Yaya in the intercom to deliver us a coffee, he walk straight towards the opposite couch.

I keep my face looks impassive until I open mouth to ask the question I wanted to ask for the very long time.

“Do you even regret what you have done?