Chapter Tweenty

Nicollete

My lips parted, he looks so serious like he will go against everything that goes along the way. Napalunok ako, I tightly grip on my seatbelt.
This is so messed up!
It’s a long and silent drive until we stop to a green steel gate,
Unti-unting nabuksan ang ilaw sa loob revealing a bungalow house.

“Berrde…” I called him

“Later vixen I’m so hungry and tired” he sound so defeated, and damn how I miss him calling me that, it’s only him I allowed to call me vixen.
I silently followed him and we are being greet by two old couple. The woman immediately prepare for food.

“Pasensya na Mang Nestor” Berrde said

“Wala hong problema young master, teka po” para itong biglang natauhan at biglang yumukod sa akin.

Napipilan ako, kasi para akong sinampal sa katotohanan.

“Good evening Princess” biglang bati ni Mang Nestor.

“Hindi po ako prinsensa Mang Nestor”

“Huh?”

“Mang Nestor paki-garahe na lang po ng kotse”

Berrde said and the old man obliged.
I look at his face, Berrde seems very tired.

“Sana ako na lang ang ipinag-maneho mo” I said as I made my way to a single couch.

“Can you please sit beside me” ungot bigla ni Berrde, at di na ako nag –inarte nag-sex na nga kami, tapos may malaking problema pa kaming kaharapin ayaw ko ng dagdagan pa sa pagtatalo namin, kapwa pa naman kami gutom.

His hands automatically sneak in my waist and his head rested on my shoulder.

“Mag-usap tayo pagkatapos kumain”

“With clothes on?” I turn my head to him and sneered.

“I’m serious Sahjid!”

“You always smells good vixen, tempting and my home” I reach out his hair

“rest, I will just wake you up when the food is ready” and just like that Berrde feel asleep holding me close like I will be gone any minute.

We didn’t get to talk kasi habang kumakain mukhang matutulog na si Berrde sa hapag-kainan, I supposed not to sleep with the same room with him because it is not right but to my surprise my door swung opened when I was about to sleep.

“Saan ka matutulog?” sita ko sa kanya, his engaged to someone for fuck sake

“Here” he answered nonchalantly and settled himself on the other side of the bed

“Di nga pwede” I tried to push him away from the bed but he just pull me to lie on his chest.

“Matutulog lang tayo promise” he said as he yawn, di na ako nagpumiglas pa, I settled myself beside him.

He turn to face me and I rolled my eyes and grunt when I feel his hands made way to my breast. I turn my head to look at him and I found out that his eyes are close there is a small smile crept in the corner of his lips.

“Berrde!” I annoyingly called him but he didn’t answer instead his breathing relaxed and he looks so peaceful while sleeping.

***

Berrde took my phone yesterday when we are on the way here kahit anong hanap ko di ko mahanap. I should be calling Mom baka nag-alala na yon. I saw him again lying flat in the sofa, hawak nito ang cellphone ko and he was trying to log in, ang pakealamero!

“What are you doing?”

“Trying to hack your phone” he smugly look at me, I rolled my eyes

“Privacy please” I walk towards him and tried to grab my cellphone but he just pull my waist dahilan ng pag-upo ko sa kandungan nito.

“Let go Sahjid!” I commanded but he never listens instead bumangon ito and he put his chin over my shoulder.

“Good Morning vixen” I tilted my head, I suppose to open my mouth but before words came out from my mouth the door swung open, revealing the unpleasant faces of Sahjid parents, I almost jump in surprise, agad akong napatayo at ganun din si Berrde.

“Mom, Dad..” Berrde’s face speaks trouble itself.

Mrs. Sahjid looks at me disappointingly, while Mr. Sahjid looks at his son disapprovingly.
I look at Kahell and Indiigo they are just there without any expression written on their faces.

“I am not happy from what you have done Berrde Lionel” Mr. Sahjid started

“Go home and fix this mess” he added

“Dad…I’m sorry I just can’t”

“Bullshit!” his father voice echoed, napalunok ako because I know the fact that me and Berrde together means trouble.

I felt his fingers intertwined mine, like he is assuring me that it’s gonna be fine.

“Nicollete you know what this is means right? You and Berrde?” Mrs. Sahjid asked me and I nodded.

“No, listen to me vixen” I can sense the distressed from his voice as he cup my face with both of his hands.

“Wag naman ganito vixen, why is it I already felt that you will easily give up on me?” his eyes are started to get red, his voice was coated with worries.

“Berrde…” I looked at his eyes and shake my head and I know that he already understood what I meant without saying a word.

“Fuck it!, you won’t even fight for me?” di ako sumagot, binitiwan niya ang mukha ko, napasuklay ito ng buhok at napahilamos ng mukha gamit ang kamay, I wanted to reach him but I’m rooted in the ground.

He weakly sat down and look up to meet my eyes.

“Do you even love me that much vixen?” my heart is slowly breaking looking at the only man I cherish so much. Berrde is a Prince and he is engaged to someone from a royal family already. I should know my place.

I look at her Mother, she slowly shake her head. His father looks at me expectantly, while Kahell and Indiigo looks at me with understanding.

“I’m leaving” I said and I hurriedly walked away together with the tears roll down from my eyes. Ang laki ng mga hakbang ko palabas ng bahay.
But I was grab by strong arms and it envelop me to a tight hug from behind.

“Why is it so easy for you to let me go? I really love you Nicollete, fuck them but I really love you this fucking much let’s just run away, we will start a new, away from my traditions, away from everything just you and me” Berrde is very desperate that he become illogical, na parang kay dali lang iwan ang lahat-lahat, but for me it doesn’t work that way.

Problems cannot be solve with another problems it will just complicate them.

“I don’t want something like that Sahjid, I love you but it’s only nice while it lasted Berrde” I said, I feel his body tense up then his hands slowly slid down, I never turn my head to him as I walk fast outside, I heard him shout my name a lot of times but I choose to ignore him,

There, I saw Clay sitting on the hood of a car,
“Let’s get you home Nicollete” that’s all he said.