“I’m gonna need more alcohol for this,” You grunted, calling out to Elizabeth. 

“One more?” She asked. 

“Just give the bottle here, love,” You huffed. Elizabeth giggled and handed you the bottle of rum before disappearing again. 

“Vex-,”

“I heard what you said, Brando, just...shut up for a moment,” You rubbed a circle on your head, trying to ease the migraine that was forming. You took a long drink from the bottle of rum, enjoying the burn it left as it slid down your throat. Instantly, you could feel your body warming and you sighed in contentment before raising your gaze back to the blonde in front of you. “Talk,”

“I want someone to use as a test. I want to know if it truly works,” Dio said.

“Let me make sure I’m on the same page here,” You said, planting your feet on the ground as you leaned forward. “This Stone Mask...has the ability to turn someone into a child of the night, isn’t that correct?”

Dio tilted his head in a so-so motion. “I’m not completely sure. That’s why I need a test subject. And for the record, it doesn’t have to be you.”

You looked at him hard for a moment, and he could practically see the gears turning in your mind. It was evident that you were tired and the half bottle of rum you just chugged a few moments ago didn’t help your case either. Your movements were sluggish and he wondered when the last time you slept was. The thought of your judgment being clouded flashed across his mind, making him rethink asking you tonight. After all, even if he was an asshole and a liar to anyone else, he trusted you, and (hopefully) you trusted him as well, so he didn’t want that to be ruined by an alcoholic decision. You looked like a bricky person, and he felt that you could handle your drink well, but still. A drunk decision is a regretted one. Dio sighed. 

“Actually forget about what I just said, alright? Get some sleep, Vex. You look like absolute shit,” He muttered, moving to stand when you said his name, making him stop. 

“If you don’t want to talk business,” You said, yanking your hood down. “Then sit down and drink with me.”

Dio looked at your face. With the different lighting, your features stood out more. Your soft jawline, high cheekbones, and chapped lips. This time, however, he could see your hair more clearly. The other night, your hair had looked dark, maybe a brown or black color, but now it was evident it was a h/c hue. Your cheeks were slightly flushed from the booze, and your lips upturned into a grin. 

“Or are you scared I’ll outdrink you?” You taunted, watching as Dio frowned, before grinning at you. 

“As if,” He snatched the bottle from your hands and tipped it back. 

“Good to see you're trusting enough to get drunk with me,” You chuckled as Dio placed the bottle back on the table. 

“Good to see you're actually trying to befriend me,” He said, grimacing at the aftertaste of the booze, making you snicker. 

“Yeah, well,” You said as waved Elizabeth down as she popped her head back to check on you. “I realized you aren’t so bad, Brando.”

Dio grinned at you. “Didn’t think I’d ever hear those words from you,”

“Don’t get used to it,” You said, popping the top off a new bottle as you raised your eyebrow. “This is the alcohol talking.”

“Oh, sure!” He laughed as you shrugged. 

“It is,” You defended as you placed the bottle back down on the table. “Now, let’s drink.”

“We have been,” Dio scoffed.