18. The Dinner Party.

September 4th.

"Olivia is suspicious," said Ava as she slid on her heels. 

I sighed. "I don't know what I can do, I can't intervene on anything," I replied as I walked towards my mirror and Blair barked up at me. I checked my nude, nude pink lipstick. I was alright. 

"You can be friendly, but not overly you know best friends like we are," she chuckled. "But make light conversation and with her parents, they'll all be there tonight," she added and got up and flattened down her white jumpsuit. "I see the way you two look at each other, that has to stop, just for tonight, I know this is Bernard's way of testing Flynn, to see if he is having an affair, he and his wife and more suspicious and tense than anyone, they will be tonight so will Olivia's parents," she explained. 

I nodded and turned around. "Well, do I look okay?" I asked. I was wearing a short nude pink chiffon dress with white Louis Vuitton heels, the rose ring Flynn bought for me on my right hand and the bracelet ring he bought on the other hand and the headband with my hair around to my left side and I was sprayed in that Forbidden Affair. I was a bad girl tonight, throwing out all the proof of our ongoing affair. . . 

She nodded. "You just couldn't be subtle, but anyways," she breathed. 

I giggled. "Oh come on, I'm a naughty bitch, I need to show it," I winked. I grabbed my white handbag and double checked that I had everything.

"What about Blair?" she inquired. 

"I'm dropping her off at my art teacher's house, she lives very close," I replied. "She offered to watch her," I added. 

"Why doesn't she come over here?" Ava asked curiously.

"I'm afraid she'll steal my stuff," I said honestly with a quiet laugh. 

"Says the mistress who stole away a husband," Ava snapped back and we both laughed aloud. 

"Sure, but he stole me too Ava, he has. . . stolen me heart, mind, body and soul," I said blissfully. 

She rolled her eyes. "Come on Marilyn," she joked and slipped on her pale pink leather jacket. 

I took up Blair and we headed out, I locked the door and we proceeded to Ava's car and I could feel a feverent excitement and nervous blend within me.

The audacity of me to attend a dinner where my lover would be sat, along with his fiancee and her parents, his parents and our friends. How far and bold would my risks go? I was a woman in love with a man I could never have, but at the beginning. . . When Flynn's eyes and mine had connected from across the room never had I would of expected to be seated at a table where his parents, his fiancee and her parents were too. How far could this all go till there was a broken heart?

I'm just a messed up princess with a tiara slipping slowly off my head as I descend down this road of secrecy, betrayal, lust, passion, sex, love. . . So many desires, so much sin between us both. I thought of who was worse in this situation, him or I? Fair to say I think now that it was horrid what we had entered into. . . If I had not known he was engaged I would be in the same position as Olivia, but I did know. . . He knows and she suspects. I'll be sitting down with this family tonight and pretend like I'm a friend to him, even though we've spilled our own share of secrets to each other and told each other things we'd never have the confidence to say to others, we've seen every inch of each other's body, kissed, licked, bite, touched. . . I'd say the two of us are equally messed up. Flynn is the fucked up king and I'm the fucked up queen, his crown sliding just like mine.