Then. All of a sudden, he leans in, and I do too, drunk off of each other perhaps. I desire him, so much so that I nearly moan. The last time anyone's touched me was weeks before I left. Thomas used me for his own satisfaction, leaving me alone and naked once he finished.

I open my mouth, just as I turn my body. Our knees touch and I wonder if he'd let me touch his face. My fingers ache to touch his dark brown beard. I want to nuzzle myself in his beard, smell all of him. I wonder if his face is as hot as mine, if he wants me the way I want him.

But all of a sudden, he retracts and I watch as he breaks into a big smile. "I shouldn't go kissing strangers." He says more to himself than anything.

I get confused, "You call me sweetheart and then try to kiss me, and now I'm a stranger?" I prop my elbow on the bar, my cheek, resting on my closed fist.

"I don't even know your name!" He puts his hand into a fist and covers his mouth as I swivel in my chair. "I did want to kiss you. Badly. I do, want to kiss you. Still." He clears his throat and drops his hand. "I'm Bennie."

"Is that American? The name." I ask.

"Benjamin." He corrects himself. "Sorry, everyone calls me Bennie."

"Oh but I'm not everyone, I'm a stranger." I grab my pink drink and sip on it. "Sweetheart-stranger." I grin.

He laughs. "Sorry about that. I don't really–"

"Shamelessly flirt?"

He nodded and laughed. "Do you like the drink?" He asks.

It's sour, but do like it. A lot. I assume I'd enjoy anything he gives me. I get lost in his eyes and don't give an answer.

"Hey. What are you doing? I mean, right now. Have you got any plans, sweetheart?"

There he goes again. "I want to go the beach." I say. I look over my shoulder and see the soft sand and deep blue sea, "It's a warm summer day." I whisper, turning back to face him. "Will you join me?"

He waits outside of my suite, and I am quick to get ready. Wearing a black one piece with a see through thing that sits around my hips. I'm more tipsy than I am sober, but this feeling is exhilarating. I feel like a teenager. A little girl who finally got the chance to talk to the boy she really likes. I pulled open the door to my hotel room and bit on my bottom lip.

Benjamin raised his head from his feet and grinned when he caught a glimpse of me.

"Hello sweetheart." He's grinning from ear to ear, noticing what I chose to wear. "My God, you look mighty fine, sweetheart." He said in his thick accent.

I roll my eyes and enter the hallway, "Come on."

We sit at the beach, and I laugh as he covers my skin in soft kisses. There were enough champagne glasses poured between us to make me throw my head back and laugh like so long ago. I totally forget about Thomas, so moved by the great Benjamin that he overshadows my husband.

We've decided to ask each other questions. About what we do, where we're from, how old we are. It's nice to meet someone who doesn't know me. Or solely refer to me as Thomas Shelby's wife.

He was propped up on his elbow, overlooking the soft blue waves. He had on sunglasses and was shirtless, in nothing but a soft beige pair of trunks.

He didn't match my Chanel one piece, but that was okay. He didn't have to, he looked good all by himself. If anything, he complimented me.

He caught me staring at him and flushed, I had just lied for the third time to him. First, about my last name, second, about where I live. And now, I just finished telling him I work as a teacher.

"Okay, okay," I say. "Your turn."

He smiles and looks up to the sun. Sweat keeps his chest wet, and I want to taste all of him. "I'm a doctor, a cardiologist. I deal with hearts."

"Oh wow." I breathe. "So, you've got the good looks and the good brain."

He rolled his eyes. "What I don't have the patience for are children. How do you do it?"

"I–" I don't. I'm a housewife. And I hate dogs. And I'm not fond of children either. I'm a complete and utter embarrassment to myself. Coat tailing off of my husbands success. He senses my hesitation and reaches over, I am shocked to find his eyes locked on mine.

"Hey, lets go for a swim." He said. I never needed anything more.

We walked hand in hand into the water, and the moment we do so he decides to splash me, and like the banter we had, we play in the water until slipping into each others arms. My hips and down are submerged, whereas his knees were wet. He grabbed my hand, "Lets go deeper." He said in that silky voice of his.

I obeyed, and as we went deeper into the water, further away from our problems. He told me to climb on his back, since he was still able to walk and I was basically swimming. It was funny, and he pulled me close as I spread my legs, it felt so good, but it was so bad. I kissed the back of his neck, and when he was swimming, we floated around each other for a moment. Staring into each other's eyes, the sun so warm and welcoming. I made the first move. It was me who reached over and desperately pressed my lips to his. He only encouraged things to move quicker, he was feeling me, wrapped my legs around him and tasted me. He bit my lip and drove me insane. "Joanna..." He said, but all I could hear was Thomas's voice.

I blinked and saw him for a second, my Tommy, but we weren't in the sea. No, we were in gloomy Birmingham.

"No." I shake my head, and grab his wrist. Preventing him to grazing my swollen nipples. "Please stop."

Benjamin's eyes widen, I pull myself off of him and we're back being a few feet from each other, the sea sits between us.

"Oh my God...I-I'm so sorry, I thought-"

"No, I really want to." I reassure him, and the colour comes back to his face. I grab his hand and intertwine my fingers with his, I lick my lips and pull him into me. Kissing his lips gingerly, I collide chest to his. The water slips between us, I pull away just as he leans in.

"What is it then?" He asks.

"I just, I-" I put my hand over my face and feel my ring cut me. Yes, that's what's been having me so dazed and confused. I look into Benjamin's eyes and tell him the truth, "I'm mar–"

"I know." He said quickly. "So am I, I just-I know you're married."

"So you-"

"I didn't want to seduce a married woman, trust me if a man came up to my wife in-"

I immediately feel ill, "I should go." I'm drunk. I know I'm drunk. I'm so drunk and stupid. I being to swim away and hear him call for me, but like how I left Thomas, I do the same to Benjamin.

I take a bath and a nap, and order takeout which consists of a burger and fries that I finish too quickly. The staff come to my door with dessert, to which I tell the kind lady that I didn't order dessert. She informs me that a man by the name of Benjamin decided I needed it, she said he loves this dessert but feels too nervous to have it. So, he's asked her to bring it up to me. I smile, no, I blush, no, I glow crimson. My heart jumps out of my chest and does somersaults I am so happy. That's not it, she says, and hands me a note.

It reads:

Joanna,

Meet me at sunset in the place where we shared the most meaningful kiss that still lingers.

- Your Benjamin

For so long I think not to go, but with the little bit of courage left in me, I go to the sea and find Benjamin there.