night and day

Rain falls hard against the roof as you dice your vegetables and put them in the hot water. You hum lightly to the song that plays on the record player Thomas has bought for your birthday.

It's your favourite song, that plays on repeat. And as lightening fans over the dark sky do you hear him. He calls your name, shutting the front door. You can hear the sloshing of his shoes as he groans to take them off. He must have had a tiresome day.

"Night and day. You are the one." You sing softly, slightly allowing the music to resonate throughout your body. "Only you beneath the moon and under the sun. Whether near to me or far."

His hands make their way around your frame as he leaves a trail of sweet nothings against your cheek and jaw, finding their way to your neck.

Tommy smells of firewood and whiskey as he hugs you from behind. You put down the knife before placing your hands over top of his. You inhale deeply, listening to the music.

"It's no matter, baby, where you are. I think of you." You sing to him, shutting your eyes as he sways you to the music.

You rest your head on his shoulder as he kisses your neck, his teeth lightly gliding over your skin as his hand moves down to the skirt you wear. You get lost in the feeling, missing him, and feeling how much he's missed you.

You gasps as his fingers find their way around the band of your underwear, he hums, his fingers brushing over the little line of hair you have before he stops and taps his fingers to the music.

"I want you." He tells you in a light purr.

You open your mouth, placing your hand on top of his as you wait for your lips to be covered in his.

Tommy kisses you feverishly before spinning you around. He takes your hand and places it on his shoulder, before moving his hand to your hip.

"Day and night" He whispers as you rest your head on his hard chest. "Why is it so? That this longing for you follows wherever I go." he doesn't sound like he's singing, but it's enough to have you blush as he gets the lyrics to the song right, "In the roaring traffic gloom. In the silence of my lonely room."

You pull away and look into his eyes, knowing what's coming next. Thomas smiles shyly at you, unable to comprehend how he got so lucky. "I think of you. Night and day"

And with that, the song finishes, and he ends the dance off by dipping you and leaving a kiss to the middle of your neck.

You laugh, noting the way he looks at you.

He allows you to get back to cooking as he pours himself a drink.

"Someone's in a good mood," You dart your eyes at him.

"I missed you,"

"I missed you too." You reply effortlessly. "How was work?"

Thomas takes a swig at his drink, "Shit." He leans against the fridge, watching you as you stir the pot. "How did I get you to be my wife?"

You turn and smirk at him. "Well Mr. Shelby, if I tell you how, I'll only stroke your ego."

"Was it my cock?"

"Hah!" You shake your head, but mentally say: yes, without a fucking doubt. You turn around and face him. Playing at his game. "Your cock is good, but I'm thinking about something other than a physical body part."

"My wits?"

You shake your head again. "What wits?"

"My determination?"

"Try again." You smirk.

"My success."

"No. Shall I tell you?"

He finishes off his whiskey and puts the glass down. "Go on then."

"It was your confidence." You take a step towards him, "How you walk into a room and everyone goes silent," You drape your tongue over your lip, unable to help yourself as you get on your knees and show him another perfectly satisfactory reason as to why you married him.

an: Night and Day is a song by Cole Porter if anyone wishes to hear it! A true beauty filled with love and affection.

Don't know how realistic Thomas Shelby singing is, but I gave it a go anyways.